Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 09:56:42 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decware Interconnects Info. (Read 6092 times)
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Decware Interconnects Info.
11/24/18 at 15:50:31

For those who are new to Decware, Steve makes three grades of interconnects.... Silver Reference, Audiophile Grade, and Studio Grade.  

Small conundrum...... Steve only has his Silver Reference and Studio Grade posted on the main page when you scroll down.  To find the Audiophile Grade, you need to click on the “New” tab listed in the Menu on the right hand side.

Or just click here....

https://www.decware.com/newsite/DAG.html

Just a tidbit of info for those who may not know and possibly buy the Studio Grade not realizing that the Audiophile Grade even exist.  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Re: Decware Interconnects
Reply #1 - 11/24/18 at 16:07:29

I noticed that too. I guess the website just hasn’t been updated yet.

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Decware Interconnects Info.
Reply #2 - 11/25/18 at 17:56:47

It's true, we are introducing a new interconnect.  The web page is done, the parts are here, I just have to add the cables to the main menus of the site.

These new cables should be well received since they fill a bit of a gap in our whopping two (now three) cable lineup.

While our Studio Grade cables are very stiff, these new cables are very flexible... almost as flexible and light weight as our Decware Silver Reference cables, except that these are shielded.

From a glance these new cables (model DAG) look like the studio grade (model DSG) cables... at least on the site pictures they do.  In person, the diameter of the DAG is smaller, the color is warmer (orange under the sheath rather than black) and the sound is a touch more laid-back with nice textures and a more organic presentation.

We have sold a lot of cables over the years and would (I'm sure) sell a lot more if they were priced higher. Most people in the market for the ultra hi-end sound potential of audiophile cables are looking for things priced with one more digit. This is because the retail cable market has lead everyone to believe that it takes 4 digits to create a worthy piece of cable. Of course this is a lie. Nevertheless, when someone researching, say interconnects that all cost a grand or more, comes across a cable (be it wholesale or not) priced around 5 times less, they wouldn't even consider trying it...  it's just human nature.

There would be a lot more successes in this hobby if we could turn off things like; human nature, testosterone, gullibility.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #3 - 11/25/18 at 20:30:27

Quote:
It's true, we are introducing a new interconnect.  The web page is done, the parts are here, I just have to add the cables to the main menus of the site.

These new cables should be well received since they fill a bit of a gap in our whopping two (now three) cable lineup.

Steve.... thanks for the update.  I had ordered 2 pairs of the DAG’s for Black Friday and looking forward to hearing them. I was going to order the Silver Reference with the Xhadow RCA’s, but right now I need 2 pairs and wanted to keep them matched, so the DAG’s fit the bill.

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 11/26/18 at 16:39:37

This is exciting news, and I've added it to the Facebook page and shared it with a few groups.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 12/17/18 at 11:49:48

Wow.The post on the Facebook page is becoming a dissing ground for those who don't believe cables make any difference at all.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 12/17/18 at 22:46:15

Yeah, I saw that.  I did a response and then deleted it for fear of a flame war starting.

Its OK not to believe in cables, but I think that saying snake oil strikes at Steve's integrity and is troll material.  Click on some of those guy's profiles and check them out.  They are really angry weirdos.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 12/18/18 at 00:06:57

I didn't read the posts but it's ironic in that Steve is the main one telling me that a lot of hifi is placebo.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #8 - 12/18/18 at 00:09:12

I wouldn't be surprised to hear they are angry weirdos.

And I agree it's attacking Steve's integrity.

But. . . it's Facebook. That's how it is.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 12/18/18 at 00:45:03

Aaaa, the Internet ...

Oh, we had that discussion already.   Wink

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #10 - 12/18/18 at 01:06:37

Facebook?! Ha! Cured myself of that disease awhile ago.
My adult offspring know to FaceTime me and/or send a pic or video, to catch up on things.

High end cables? Man, that is just crazy!  Whom would ever use those? Undecided Kiss

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #11 - 12/18/18 at 04:13:14

Quote:
Yeah, I saw that.  I did a response and then deleted it for fear of a flame war starting.

I think that was the right decision.  There is no reasoning with the unreasonable.  No matter how you approach the topic or conduct your supportive argument, it will always be completely and unequivocally ignored by individuals who are more interested in arguing than learning something new or accepting the fact that they don't know everything.

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print