04/24/24 at 02:18:24 

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Black Friday Sale (Read 26370 times)
Archie
Seasoned Member

Black Friday Sale
11/19/18 at 19:16:12

I just got my Black Friday Sale coupon (which, I intend to use!) via email but without a Code on it.  Anyone else get one with a Code?

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Re: Black Friday Sale
Reply #1 - 11/19/18 at 19:20:43

I am pondering the same, figured it was just me misreading and missing it, I have a call in for another matter and will ask about it and post if I hear anything
Scott

TORII MKIV-25th,ZBIT,ZROCK2-25th,ZTPRE-25th,ZLC,DNA2's, REL S/3 SHO
MyTek Brooklyn DAC+,Sonore ultraRendu LinearPS,sonicTransport APi7 4TB
Woo WA6, Sennheiser HD660s
RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 11/19/18 at 19:25:40

I got the email message. . . and no visible "code." I already placed two orders and don't plan on placing another so it's not an issue for me. When reading the message I came to the conclusion that if I were ordering I would type in "Black Friday" and see what happened.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/19/18 at 19:58:00

Updated email with code!   Grin

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #4 - 11/19/18 at 21:54:50

Yup, I got the new email with code, Arch. So what ya gettin?

Good news! My ZMA is ready. I'm impressed Steve and appreciate it. I just need to pay the bill tomorrow with Sarah. Maybe it ships tomorrow, or most likely Wednesday, I figure.

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/20/18 at 00:50:51

A ZLC and a power cord.  I just got my 4 Leviton hospital grade, surge protecting outlets that I need to install to plug into.  Not everything I plug in is tube so I figured the SP was worth having.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #6 - 11/20/18 at 11:06:23

Me too ~ ZLC.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 11/20/18 at 14:41:51

I am splurging with plans to purchase a 25th Anniversary ZRock with all the trimmings.  I'll be using it between my Dynavector phono preamp and CSP3-25. Thanks for the discount Steve and Company!

Looking forward to the wait?

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #8 - 11/20/18 at 15:12:41

I am just going to pick up some interconnects.   I was going to buy the ZBIT, but  I am picking up the new Teac DAC for the holidays, and that DAC is not cheap!

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 11/20/18 at 15:35:47

HockessinKid wrote on 11/20/18 at 14:41:51:
Looking forward to the wait?

HK

Ha! Will we ever get blasé about the wait?

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Joey

Reply #10 - 11/20/18 at 22:17:44

I think I'll just grab some speaker wire, so not much waiting.

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 11/21/18 at 02:46:44

Dom,

Enjoy that TEAC DAC!  I'll just enjoy my wait for the ZRock.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
JohnnyB

Reply #12 - 11/21/18 at 03:28:52

I am splurging with plans to purchase a 25th Anniversary ZRock with all the trimmings.  I'll be using it between my Dynavector phono preamp and CSP3-25. Thanks for the discount Steve and Company!

Looking forward to the wait?[highlight]

Hockessinkid,

I’m doing the same and didn’t see the ZR2 anniversary mods in the shopping cart so i sent Steve an email yesterday asking how to order the ZR2 with all the goodies.  Just saw your post and checked the shopping cart again, there they are!!  A Mods section under the ZR2 shopping cart!!  Thanks Steve, this must’ve just been added in the last day or so.   Smiley

IP Logged
JohnnyB

Reply #13 - 11/21/18 at 03:31:37

Lon,

How are you highlighting previous posts with a white background when responding to them?  I tried the H icon but couldn’t quite figure out how to make a white back drop.   Smiley Smiley

Thanks,

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #14 - 11/21/18 at 03:42:11

Roger,

I was going to buy the discontinued NT-503 at the reduced cost, but with the lack of support and updates, I was a bit concerned.  At least with the new NT-505 being distributed in the U.S. under Onkyo, I am hoping their support will be more forthcoming.   Plus... since I am working from the ground up, buying the newer DAC just made more sense.

I am sure the ZRock2 is going to be a great addition, and will be totally worth the wait!!

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #15 - 11/21/18 at 06:18:24

Quote:
I was going to buy the discontinued NT-503 at the reduced cost, but with the lack of support and updates, I was a bit concerned.  At least with the new NT-505 being distributed in the U.S. under Onkyo, I am hoping their support will be more forthcoming.   Plus... since I am working from the ground up, buying the newer DAC just made more sense.

I'm glad you figured that out! I'm sure you'll like the 505 as much as I like the 503.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #16 - 11/21/18 at 07:22:46

Johnny, I use the 'Quote' button underneath the post that shows up when you are looking at the posts using the "Most Recent Posts" view. . . .

IP Logged
JohnnyB

Reply #17 - 11/21/18 at 20:08:54

Hmmmm,  I don’t see a quote button anywhere on iPad.  I will log into laptop later and see if it’s a different view.

Thanks Lon,

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #18 - 11/21/18 at 22:55:55

Quote:
I'm glad you figured that out! I'm sure you'll like the 505 as much as I like the 503.

Thanks Eric!! With Steve choosing the Teac as his in house Dac of choice, and after listening to yours at Decfest through headphones, I was sold! Getting the newer model will just be icing on the cake!

Johnny B

Step 1...just select and highlight the text portion that you wish to quote from someone’s comments.  
Step 2.....Then hit reply at the bottom of the page.

Step 3...Once the new window opens....Select the icon that has the picture of a document with right hand blue arrow. ( the icon next to the # sign).  Then place the cursor in the middle of the quotes, then paste your copied text and hit reply.

Easy Peasy.

IP Logged
GregSL
Verified Member

Reply #19 - 11/22/18 at 00:49:44

I am thinking about ordering a ZMA on Friday but can’t seem to select more than one mod in the cart. Wondering if I am missing a step somewhere but the office is closed. Any thoughts on this?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #20 - 11/22/18 at 01:07:42

I tried it and agree, only one mod can be selected, the basket is not set up to accept more than one. I would add in the comments any additional mods you'd like and follow up with a phone call or email to Sarah. I have ordered Monoblocks and CSP3 that did not at that time have mods listed to add to the cart at all, and wrote my wishes in the notes and emailed Sarah and all came out exactly as I'd wished.

IP Logged
GregSL
Verified Member

Reply #21 - 11/22/18 at 01:43:25

Thanks Lon!

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #22 - 11/23/18 at 06:06:26

Anybody having luck with the BF coupon?  I tried at Midnight and 1am EST but no go.  I wanted to beat the crowd.   Sad

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
chalun823
Verified Member

Reply #23 - 11/23/18 at 08:53:13

Just tried also, and it shows that it is invalid!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24 - 11/23/18 at 13:10:00

Very unfortunate. The problem was also noted on the Facebook page.

I'm certain, from two decades plus of experience with Decware, that if you place an order today and note in the comments that the coupon is not working and then email Sarah@zenamps.com that your order will be placed WITH the discount. . . . Customer service is very important to Decware, they publicized the discount, it's unfortunate there was this problem, they will honor the discount. . . .

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #25 - 11/23/18 at 14:42:54

Exactly as Lon described/do. I will wait until later and no worries if the code does not work.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #26 - 11/23/18 at 16:36:23

I just submitted my order and made a note in the comments section about the BF coupon.  I'm sure there won't be an issue.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Sarah Richardson
Verified Member

The Decware Glue

Reply #27 - 11/23/18 at 17:01:16

Hey Everyone! We just became aware that the Black Friday code was not working. Undecided I think Steve just got it fixed. No worries though. If you already placed your order and it didn't work, we WILL manually adjust the totals when adding the order to our queue. If you have been waiting to place the order, the code should work now, but again, if it doesn't, we will adjust. Most of you know the site does not auto charge your card, so there shouldn't be an issue that way. If you used PayPal, there will be no issue with refunding the difference right away if need be. Keep in mind we will get a lot of new orders today. It will take Sarah most of next week to get them all added, so don't panic if you don't see the change right away on Monday. So sorry for the inconvenience. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
DeVon and Steve

IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #28 - 11/23/18 at 17:47:15

Just placed an order and everything is up and running like it should, no problem with discount showing up.
Happy Day After to All Smiley Smiley
Best,
Scott

RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #29 - 11/23/18 at 18:12:58

All perfect/code.  Order placed.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #30 - 11/23/18 at 18:27:22

Placed my 25th Anniversary modded ZRock II order. Everything worked fine - perfect.

HK

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #31 - 11/23/18 at 19:01:22

I had a hiccup because of a timed out issue with PayPal.  
Gonna wait like 10 minutes and try again.  

Update:

Order went through with no issues... phew!  

IP Logged
balancetheory
Verified Member

Reply #32 - 11/23/18 at 19:26:13

New here. How do you get a BF code? Thanks.

Zu Soul Superfly, Peachtree Decco65, Rel t5i
New to the audio(phile) world.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #33 - 11/23/18 at 19:32:00

The code was emailed out to those on the Decware contact/news list. The code is BLACKFRIDAY2

IP Logged
gwng8
Verified Member

Reply #34 - 11/23/18 at 19:42:11

Trying to order a zrock, but it won't let me choose both anniversary mods....just one or the other......

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #35 - 11/23/18 at 19:47:31

This issue has come up before.  Best to put what you want in the comment section when you order and then contact Sarah.  She will get you straightened out.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #36 - 11/24/18 at 14:59:27

My guess this was a successful Black Friday Sale for Decware and customers. Seems there was a good response here on the forum, I know a few on the Steve Hoffman Forum that placed an order, a few have posted on the Facebook pages that they placed orders. (There's likely an overlap between these postings).

I ordered two items (ZROCK2 with all the mods, ZLC) before the sale. . . . The wait begins for many of us. May patience rain down upon us!

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #37 - 11/25/18 at 15:29:49

Yes, I hope it was a great Black Friday for Decware. I certainly spread the word about Decware year round as I know you do to Lon.

I know Undecided, the wait begins. Well, I put my ZBIT on the books back in the first week of October and my ZLC on Friday.

However, I am enjoying the seasoning of my ZMA 25th mods (in which I'm very pleased) and budget wise/the timeline to receive my ZBIT/Dual Gain Control (+audition/3 XLR's via the CableCo Lending Library) & ZLC will be perfect. +, when Steve gets the Nichicon NX's in......strongly considering them an excuse to visit Decware late Spring early Summer (coming back up along the River through Galena/with Sue). Smiley

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #38 - 11/25/18 at 17:25:26

Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!  

The Black Friday sale, in spite of my goofs with the coupon, has been a big hit with over 81 orders!  We thank each and every one of you, and promise we will make it well worth the wait.

Have a great Sunday!

Thanks,

Steve & Crew

WWW   IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #39 - 11/25/18 at 18:18:52

Shocked Shocked Wow...almost as many orders as is what is in the whole Q right now! I think that speaks pretty well to just  what everyone thinks of the incredible stuff you guys bring to us all. I’m really happy to have gotten a few things ordered prior to the sale Grin
Best,
Scott

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #40 - 11/25/18 at 18:40:59

Great to read Steve (81).

Thank you on the turn of my ZMA (25th). I'm in my collective 17th hour since Friday and she's blowing my mind right now.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
JohnnyB

Reply #41 - 12/04/18 at 13:11:16

Quote:
Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!  

The Black Friday sale, in spite of my goofs with the coupon, has been a big hit with over 81 orders!  We thank each and every one of you, and promise we will make it well worth the wait.

Have a great Sunday!

Thanks,

Steve & Crew

109 orders as of this morning on the Amplifier Waiting List and my order isn't even listed yet!!!  Holy Crap!!  It seems some of you guys relish the wait but I will be nibbling on my fingers everyday until delivered, LOL!!  Plan to post my review in early JULY???   Grin Grin Grin Grin

I wonder if this is the most amps on the waiting list EVER!!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #42 - 12/04/18 at 13:39:43

I think it is Johnny, and the wait is going to be hard. . . . But Steve says it will be worth it, and I believe him. . . .

IP Logged
JohnnyB

Reply #43 - 12/04/18 at 13:52:03

I believe him as well, judging by current Decware gear I have in use there's no doubt I will be happy and satisfied.

IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #44 - 12/04/18 at 14:25:37

If all of the 81 orders Steve quoted coming in on Black Friday are to go on the amp wait list...then it looks like there would be 57 more to go before the list is completely updated! Guess it will be a bit shorter, there must be speaker, cables, etc that won't lengthen the list, it's still a pretty impressive "on order" list, speaks a lot to the great product on it! Cool I'm happy to say my name is up there 3 times, going to be a good winter Smiley
Best,
Scott

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #45 - 12/04/18 at 18:09:17

My Black Friday order only consisted of interconnects.  I do believe there was another member who ordered only cables.  I wish my order was an amp.....hopefully next year!  

IP Logged
rodcad
Verified Member

Reply #46 - 12/04/18 at 21:32:28

My order isn't up yet either. My biggest problem (next to waiting) is I keep doing research and can't make up my my mind what to get. Originally wanted a pair of UFO3's, but now wonder if I shouldn't just get a single UFO25 Sad   Can't really afford UFO3 25th's.

I love the concept of the mono's, two separate everything. Can't wrap my head around the 3 separate power supplies in the 25th. I get the why, but what does each do? 1 for each channel and 1 for? or?

Incoming UFO3's or UFO25, (2)Zkit1's, PS Audio Digital Link III, LR laptop, Cornwall's.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #47 - 12/04/18 at 21:38:54

Hey Rod, by three power supplies do you mean the three voltage regulation tubes, two OA3 and one OD3?

As I understand it: The two OA3 regulate the voltage for the two output tubes, one for each; the OD3 regulates the voltage for the input tube.

I love the pair of 25th Anniversary SE84UFO3 mono blocks I have--my system needs that bit more power the mono blocks offer. There are two regulation tubes in each of the mono blocks as well: one OA3 for the power tube, and underneath the chassis an OC2 for the input tube.

IP Logged
rodcad
Verified Member

Reply #48 - 12/04/18 at 21:51:20

Not exactly sure Lon, I just see "3 independent tube-regulated power supplies" under the 25th's "Features".

Incoming UFO3's or UFO25, (2)Zkit1's, PS Audio Digital Link III, LR laptop, Cornwall's.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #49 - 12/04/18 at 22:22:27

Well I think he is referring to those three tubes and the capacitors etc that with them form the "power supply"--he is clearly talking about three separate voltage regulation power supplies, which the two OA3 and the OD3 are part of.

The result is fantastic imo--I love the sound of the mono blocks. They sound so much more powerful than they actually are in "watts." The "density" as Steve describes it is addictive. . . .

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #50 - 12/04/18 at 22:24:49

Wahoo. Number 110 on the build list for my 25th Anniversary ZROCK 2. Congratulations to Sarah for her efforts to wade through the Black Friday orders.

The wait begins...now for more listening.

HK

IP Logged
rodcad
Verified Member

Reply #51 - 12/05/18 at 14:32:03

Hi Lon,

When you mentioned "There are two regulation tubes in each of the mono blocks as well: one OA3 for the power tube, and underneath the chassis an OC2 for the input tube.", are you saying the 25th mod places the OC2 tube inside "the box"?

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #52 - 12/05/18 at 14:33:28

That's correct...

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #53 - 12/05/18 at 14:41:44

Yes, inside the box, a socket is wired in and there it is.

Makes it inconvenient to "roll" that tube, which I plan to do one of these days.  . . but yeah, that's where it is. So it has the same voltage regulation stages that the single chassis Anniversary amp does.

IP Logged
rodcad
Verified Member

Reply #54 - 12/05/18 at 14:48:11

Thanks Mark and Lon. Does that tube generate much heat?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #55 - 12/05/18 at 15:28:26

No, the OC2 tube barely gets warm to the touch even after extended operation. That is how it can be secreted under the chassis so easily.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print