Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello all... (Read 2272 times)
ZZuZZaXX
Verified Member

Hello all...
11/17/18 at 23:21:01

My first post.
I am an owner of an SE84C that was given to me as a gift from a friend who past away a few years ago.  I listen to it in the office.  I have a PC connected to it and the amp is connected to some Klipsch bookshelf speakers whose model number I couldn't tell.

A few weeks ago I got a new PC and with it some powered speakers.  I thought the sound would be the same but it was tremendously different.  Quickly, I put the old amp back as before.

So, now I'm here and interested in more of Decware.  I have an interests of bringing the music from the office to the home.

Well, hello all.

IP Logged
Joey

Re: Hello all...
Reply #1 - 11/17/18 at 23:44:14

Hello and welcome!

I have SE84UFO2 that I snagged here recently. I also have the Mini Torii in another room.

As you have discovered, the Decware amps are in a league of there own. This becomes more apparent with time. You're in the right place for audio bliss. If in doubt about any product here, just call Steve for free(priceless) advice with no BS or pressure.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #2 - 11/17/18 at 23:47:18

Well, welcome to the wild world of audio!
It always starts out slowly until all of a sudden you look back at how deep that you have fallen into it's grasp.
Your next step will probably be speakers or a DAC to make your computer sound better. And after that the rest will fall into place!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3 - 11/18/18 at 02:03:12

Welcome! And have fun falling down the rabbit hole!

Question: how are you connecting the computer to the amp? Are you going out of the headphone plug to RCA in on the amp?

You might realize better sound if you get yourself even a budget DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print