Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 07:37:09 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Introduction and question re a Decware amp (Read 3163 times)
Colin2040
Verified Member

Introduction and question re a Decware amp
11/17/18 at 15:09:40

Firstly just like to say hello, registered minutes ago and really the purpose is is to ask a question re a Decware amp.
I am UK based(Scotland) and wanted some information on a Decware 34i.3. I have the chance to buy one and I am aware you can swap the valves out for alternatives. The question I have is by doing this can you increase power output as my Dennis Had or does it just alter the sound?

I have emailed Decware but wondered if any one here would know?

Regards
Colin

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Introduction and question re a Decware amp
Reply #1 - 11/17/18 at 15:14:59

Welcome Colin!

Yes, rolling tubes will alter the sound, but won't appreciably alter the power output.

Hope you get to experience the Decware sound!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Colin2040
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 11/17/18 at 15:54:20

Thanks Lon by appreciably could I get an extra couple of watts say by using 88’s but that’s about it. If so that’s ok

Thanks

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 11/17/18 at 16:08:59

I know you can use KT88s in the most recent (.5) version of this amp and would assume you can with this version, but I honestly am not sure it will appreciably change the power output. Possibly it will. . . hopefully owners of this amp with that experience will chime in.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
alper_yilmaz
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/18/18 at 05:38:31

Colin,

Without doubling the power of the amp it would be a tad difficult to hear a difference from an output perspective, given all others variables kept constant.  

I have an earlier version of this amp (SE34I.2+).  When I swapped the Siemens EL34’s with some KT77’s, I remember the bass got a little better and it sounded as if the volume was higher, but actually it was not, it was simply the different frequencies in the music that were brought out by the tubes in comparison to the previous set of tubes.

Best,

Alper

Mac Mini
Audirvana
Rega RP6 w/ Ania Pro & Rega Fono MC MK4
Rotel RCD1070
Hegel HD30 & Copland DAC215
Fezz Audio Mira Ceti 300B, Decware SE84UFO25, Decware SE34I.2+ & Copland CTA405
ProAc D28, B&W DM630 & Rega RS1
Stein & BlackNoise filters
DH Labs cables
  IP Logged
Colin2040
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 11/18/18 at 09:02:26

Thank you I think this helps ,my earlier valve,sorry tube,amp could have power increased with a tube change not considerably but from 6 - around 10 watts. Thanks for the info anyway

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print