Send Topic Print
Just listening (Read 2034 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Just listening
11/17/18 at 14:58:01

I've been alone all this week, my wife went to visit her sister in Savannah Ga., leaving me in charge of myself.
Well this morning I woke up at 3:30 am (I'm still not over the time change) and I started reading a book and listening to music.
Around 6:00 AM I noticed that I was doing more listening than reading and got thinking about how nice it was just to listen to music.
Sometimes you have to step back and let the simple enjoyment of listening take over.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Just listening
Reply #1 - 11/17/18 at 15:19:16

It's great to be reminded of the pure joy of listening to our systems.

I am so blessed to have retired early and to have so much time to listen. I do get caught up in the "sound" of the system, but that's an extension of my fascination in earlier decades with the sound of the drums and other instruments I played. "Sound" IS an important part of music. But I love it when I can spend a day just going through my collection and pulling out discs to spin and get lost in the joy of music. (Ellington is one artist who I can spend a whole day listening to, drawn into the universe of his orchestra, those "expensive gentlemen" he had the fortune to have with him to write for and be able to hear his music).

Thanks for reminding us of what should be our priority.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Re: Just listening
Reply #2 - 11/18/18 at 04:13:19

Nicely put, by you both...

TORII MKIV-25th,ZBIT,ZROCK2-25th,ZTPRE-25th,ZLC,DNA2's, REL S/3 SHO
MyTek Brooklyn DAC+,Sonore ultraRendu LinearPS,sonicTransport APi7 4TB
Woo WA6, Sennheiser HD660s
RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print