Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 10:01:55 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
25th anniversary zen amplifier (Read 8686 times)
Billparsons
Verified Member

25th anniversary zen amplifier
11/13/18 at 10:45:18

Could someone post some clips of the 25th anniversary doing it's thing?

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Re: 25th anniversary zen amplifier
Reply #1 - 11/13/18 at 16:36:12

Hey Bill,   Where do you live? Perhaps there's someone near you with a UFO25 you could listen to!

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
Billparsons
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 11/13/18 at 23:16:36

Well that is something I have never done in 30 years of audiophiling and really am not interested in pursuing it at this time but thanks for the idea. Some people might laugh but you can actually glean alot from a well recorded video, not everything of course, but a decent amount.  You can definitely tell how well it gets the music right.

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #3 - 11/14/18 at 02:06:33

To be honest, the only person I would trust to do such is Steve since he has the proper microphone setup to get you as close as you can without being there.  He puts a lot of effort into his microphone selection and setup since every Deafest is streamed in hi-res.  

Personally, I would not trust any video clip without knowing what mics were used, where they were placed, as well as the recording device.  For me there is two much risk with the original sound being adulterated by the secondary recording system to trust that what I am hearing is more the Decware playback system and not artifacts of the secondary recording.  I would fear following in love with that video clip only to find its flavor was far from what was playing during the recording.  

Regardless, I am certain Steve can hook you up with something proper that can be trusted enough.

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #4 - 11/15/18 at 02:41:37

Hi Bill,

It's an excellent idea.  I'll see what I can do over the Hollidays.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Billparsons
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 11/15/18 at 12:44:23

Ok, great.  Thanks.

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #6 - 11/15/18 at 16:23:38

Quote:
Could someone post some clips of the 25th anniversary doing it's thing?

Hey Bill I just went through my catalog and found one video clip of the 25th I took at Decfest.  It was shot on my iPhone X.   It won’t be as good as what Steve can reproduce which his HiFi gear, but it’s something to hold you over.  Unfortunately YouTube downsamples their content (especially for free subscribers).

https://youtu.be/tu7xMWi0Ipw

Stay tuned!!

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Billparsons
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 11/15/18 at 21:47:56

Ok, first of all that sounds amazing, so musical.  I listened to it over and over again. It actually sounds dare I say perfect?  Wow.  I hate to be a pain but do you remember what speakers were in use?  Can't believe that is 2 watts.  Your recording was good by the way.  Couldn't have asked for anything more. If I were to attempt to describe it, keep in mind this is very preliminary,  It sounds like it combines what is best of tubes and solid state into one perfect sound.  I hate those cliches.   Thanks again. I look forward to hearing a lot more.

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #8 - 11/16/18 at 02:41:35

Bill.... the speakers being used were the new DNA2 horns. Yes the sound is actually very good shot through my iPhone.  The sound we experienced live was just surreal.  The video did suffer on the upload, so I am assuming the audio suffered a bit as well.  I may have one or two more with the 25th, so  check back later on.

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #9 - 11/16/18 at 04:46:02

Bill...Here is a video clip of the song Coleman Hawkins meets Ben Webster on LP.  This song is being played through the ZMA amp and the HR-1 speakers.  I know you wanted to hear the 25th, but this song was a real treat to hear on LP that I had to include it.

https://youtu.be/7msgon1-nH4

IP Logged
Billparsons
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 11/16/18 at 23:40:22

Neat tune.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #11 - 11/30/18 at 03:02:20

I haven't forgotten about this, in fact I have made several tries but went down a worm hole trying to get things to sound right without making a separate hi-res recording and then sinking it to the video.  Streaming it live is comparatively easy.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print