Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 21:50:18 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZMA on DNA2 Holy Crap Moment (Read 2432 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

ZMA on DNA2 Holy Crap Moment
11/06/18 at 03:44:14

I've been spending time with the ZMA on the new DNA2 speakers which are now on the site at the following link:

https://www.decware.com/newsite/DNA2.html

Tonight I was listening to so much good music, when Toscana by Ben Samuel came on and I had to turn it up.  Yes, I flexed it bit and frankly it was a complete "holy crap" moment... simply a devastating combination... these speakers, the ZMA and the bass line in this track!  The best way I could describe what I heard was like a disco in your listening room equally loud and chest pumping, but maybe a hundred times less distortion and with perfect imaging.  This is where the DNA2 really shines in it's ability to get serious.  Just such a great speaker.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: ZMA on DNA2 Holy Crap Moment
Reply #1 - 11/06/18 at 04:07:06

After listening to this track a couple times I can say it is probably the best speaker burn-in track I've ever heard. What would take normally hundreds of hours on normal music could be accomplished in less than a day with this. I can recommend it highly. Probably does a similar thing with amps too I should imagine ; )

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Re: ZMA on DNA2 Holy Crap Moment
Reply #2 - 11/06/18 at 06:01:08

Steve... I remember at Decfest we listened to “Flight of the Cosmic Hippo” by Belafleck on the SO Imperials being pushed by the Mono’s.  That was some serious low bass that just blew us all away!!  

I’d be curious of your input on that song being fed by the ZMA/DNA2 combo.  Something tells me it may be another holy crap moment!!  

I’m glad I made the trip to Decfest to hear the DNA2’s in person.  When i finish my home renovation next year, the DNA2’s will definitely be the top contender in my new Zen room.  They were truly remarkable to listen to and experience!!

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print