Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 00:10:17 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help:  Audirvana / Tidal for Mac (Read 3762 times)
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Help:  Audirvana / Tidal for Mac
10/11/18 at 20:32:44

I need a bit of help with a new upgrade that I did for Audirvana with Tidal integration.

After upgrading to High Sierra on my Mac, I realized that Audirvana no longer works.  After  buying the upgrade, I was then asked to configure my hard drive file folders.  Done.  

The next step was to login or register for a streaming service. I then requested a free 30 day trial of Tidal  which I then registered and logged in.  

The UI interface for Audirvana is pretty good.  Its separated between my section of the music and Tidals portion of their service.

Here’s the problem....when I click on the Tidal portion and attempt to stream music on my Mac, it keeps telling me that there is an error loading the first song.  Mind you this issue is only when I run Tidal through Audirvana.   When I run Tidal  on my desktop there are no issues.   Any thoughts??

Also.....my XLD ripper is not compatible with High Sierra.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a Mac cd ripper that is bit perfect, and also gives you log files of the rip?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated… Thanks in advance.

DOM

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
TimB
Verified Member

Re: Help:  Audirvana / Tidal for Mac
Reply #1 - 10/19/18 at 23:44:11

I run High Sierra and don't have any issue with Tidal in Audirvana, though I never used the trial as I already had an account.  For bit-perfect ripping, I use dBpoweramp which also has some other nice features like bulk file conversion.

Maybe uninstall Audirvana and delete any lingering plist files for it (note: you'll probably lose your playlists if you do this), or, maybe reach out to their tech support

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #2 - 10/20/18 at 16:56:44

Thanks Tim!!  I may give Tech a call first....I would hate to lose my playlists.   I am hoping once my trial subscription expires and I convert to a normal subscription, that will clear up the issue.

I’ll check out  dBpoweramp.  XLD Ripper had bulk file conversion as well the log file of the rip.  I used that program last year when I converted over 400 CDs bit perfect for archiving.

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
AlanS
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 09/24/20 at 05:48:09

Hello I too am heading down this path of using a Mac Mini with Audirvana and I have ZERO Mac experience. I am bringing the Mac Mini to my local Mac shop for some help. Is there anything I need to know about versions of software that will work best? I also have an old iPad to use for UI and an existing Tidal account.

Any pointers?

Thanks

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print