Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Torii arrives (Read 2148 times)
Shakeydeal
Verified Member

Torii arrives
08/15/18 at 14:03:24

My Torii II arrived  yesterday.

At first I was very disappointed after getting it set up. The amp seemed to be clipping at a moderate volume level. I called Steve and he recommended swapping the input tubes. I have a nice pair of gold pin Amperex PQs, so I put those in. Problem solved.

So I must say this is a VERY good amp. Very organic and natural sounding. But the biggest adjective I would use to describe the sound is "emotional". It makes you want to keep listening and forgo other duties. Double edged sword there, for sure.  :-/

So big thanks to Steve for diagnosing the problem and taking time out to help me.

Shakey

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Torii arrives
Reply #1 - 08/15/18 at 14:10:25

That's awesome Shakey! Yes, these are special amps indeed, "emotional" is a good description. Glad that everything is working out so well!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Shakeydeal
Verified Member

Re: Torii arrives
Reply #2 - 08/15/18 at 14:28:19

I'm not taking anything away from the LM amp, it too is a very good amp. But the Torii seems like it is a special match with horns.

Shakey

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print