Send Topic Print
Glass Resistors (Read 6275 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Glass Resistors
07/27/18 at 03:24:59

If you recall the discovery of vacuum tube glass resistors during the development of this amplifier (found here: https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1510887200/489#489), you probably know they are expensive and hard to find, but we did score 100 pcs, enough to do the first 25 amps.  

I have been accumulating more of them in very small quantities and have decided to add them to the options in the shopping cart for the SE84UFO25 amplifier.

I have also decided to make this option more than affordable for a limited time or while supplies last.  To keep things simple for those who ordered after the first 25 orders were placed, no worries, we have updated your orders with the glass resistor option at no charge.  

This way we can so far say that no SE84UFO25 has been built without glass resistors and with any luck maybe the first 50 amps ever built will have them!

Also I should point out that we have so far discovered three variations of these, some are clear, some are white, some are black, and so far in testing the transparency is equal amongst them all.

No idea how long this option will be available because we can only find them New Old Stock, but hey - the worlds best 2 watt amplifier is certainly the place for the worlds best resistors.

WWW   IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Glass Resistors
Reply #1 - 07/27/18 at 08:55:08

Ok, that's it. The Rachael would be jealous of this new amp, Unless she gets her Own (glass) resistors. This means, of course, that I may be taking a look under the hood and see what the 'cup size' er value needs to be.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 07/27/18 at 13:46:34

That's fantastic Steve, and so generous that the first 50 or so will have glass resistors, most at no additional cost. (That's the sort of thing we expect from you darn it, and that makes it essential to point out and be grateful for as it is so easy to just take it for granted!)

I'm really unable to tell what impact the glass resistors you added to my CSP3-25 have had on the overall sound, but I am still marveling at the sound of this preamp as both a conduit to my Monoblocks and as a headphone amp. I so appreciate you adding them.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
doukhobar
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/25/18 at 03:47:33

Does any one know if 25th anniversary amps ordered on black Friday will come with the glass resistors free upgrade? I selected the resistors on my checkout with the rest of the amp otherwise stock and without tubes. I really hope I can get them on mine without the extra 320 charge, as purchasing this amp was already a stretch for me! Not trying to get anything for free... Just hope I'm still in the first batch of amp that get them.

Torii Jr, Taboo III, Dennis Had Firebottle amp & LP2 pre, ERR speakers, Omega 3XRS, Omega Super Alnico XRS, Bryston BDP-1, Kora Hermes DAC, Pear Audio Robin Hood TT w/Cornet 1 tonearm & Hana SL cart, ZP3 Cryo Beeswax caps, Bob's Devices SUT, HD800, LCD2, Zenwave
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #4 - 11/25/18 at 18:05:02

Yes, so far all new Black Friday orders for the 25th Anniversary Zen Triode amplifier are covered.  It is getting time to try and find more because the supply is getting really low now.  Probably have enough for 10 more amps after this.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Crowes
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 07/28/19 at 19:43:14

Mr. Deckert, have you been able to source more glass resistors?  Will they continue to be an option?

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10/02/20 at 17:23:26

I just ordered a UFO-25th, and found out they're still available at no extra charge.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print