03/29/24 at 12:32:47 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ultra Analogue tape. (Read 5064 times)
Oleg
Verified Member

Ultra Analogue tape.
06/23/18 at 20:36:46

Hi everyone.I  just  want to share a good news with you. Yesterday I dot my 1st  tape. It is Narek's shortpices tape with  Albeniz,Shchedrin,Tchaikovsky,Sollina.I listened it only ounce,and have to go  to work. All I can  tell you now it is amazing recording for  people who   like cello. I wish I could  take it to Steve's lab to listen it.

SE84UFO2, CSP3, ZP3, ZRock,Decware silver reference cable,,interconnects is DSR with Silver Xhadow. Ariston RD11S, Revox77A, Revox 77B, TEAC.
  IP Logged
Oleg
Verified Member

Re: Ultra Analogue tape.
Reply #1 - 07/01/18 at 05:28:25

Hi.My set up is : ZP3 with a tape option, CSP3,  two of SE84ufo2, DM947,  A77, B77, TEAC.

SE84UFO2, CSP3, ZP3, ZRock,Decware silver reference cable,,interconnects is DSR with Silver Xhadow. Ariston RD11S, Revox77A, Revox 77B, TEAC.
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #2 - 07/01/18 at 07:55:33

Hi Oleg,
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing about the Narek tape you purchased from UltraAnalogue.  That is a great tape you have Smiley

It is nice to hear from fellow tape enthusiasts.  I am hoping to give the three Narek tapes a good listen this coming week with my ZMA, which out of my system for a short bit.  All the tapes sounded great on my Decware gear and Omega speakers.  But, the final work goes to the ZMA.  I know it will only sound even better.  

Of the three tape players which is your main system, one of the Revox machines or the TEAC?  Just curious.  

Jeff

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Oleg
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 07/02/18 at 07:29:01

HI Jeff thanks for massage I read yours post about treep to Toronto,and meeting with Ed. I believe it was a great experience. To attend Narex concert,and listen to  original MT it is amazing. Yes to listen origins MT is a really big dial. I will not think twise to go to LA or anywhere in  Europe to have  these kind of experience.   Now about my gear. A77 and B77 is a fully restored,with a switch for direct  connection to play back head. This time I listened no B77.                        

IP Logged
Ed Pong
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 07/02/18 at 21:54:57

Oleg,

Since you live so close - we'll setup a time for you to ride you bike over for a listen to the real master tapes... if you like...

Just let me know..

Ed

IP Logged
Oleg
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 07/03/18 at 07:31:57

Thank you Ed.I really appreciate invitetion.Wen I get home I will send you a massage.

IP Logged
Oleg
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 07/04/18 at 23:34:29

It is look like I never get  home at least this time.In two weeks I will be back again,and I hope for better time. But because it is a life time opportunity i will not take my motorcycle to drive.Symply I don't want to be mean to  my daughter and grandson. They want to share  this acsperience . I see there 1 more opportunity .I  don't have to  drive. It is mean I can bring my fevorite Scotch and we can have 1 or 2  drinks.                                                

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print