Send Topic Print
ZU Event power cord (Read 4189 times)
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

ZU Event power cord
06/14/18 at 20:07:51

Anyone here ever use the ZU Event power cord?

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Re: ZU Event power cord
Reply #1 - 06/14/18 at 21:03:28

No but I use Zu Audio Mission Power Cords everywhere except for a Running Springs Mongoose from my Power Conditioner to the wall outlet.  Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #2 - 06/14/18 at 22:06:33

Hi Mark. Did they make a big difference compared to the stock cords?  ZU is selling them on EBay and they can be had pretty cheap.

Thanks, Geno

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 06/14/18 at 23:11:45

I know, all mine were bought on ebay.  I had started with the Decware silver PCs but was having problems with a Hot high end..too bright.  Getting the Missions was part of the process to correct that. It's been too long to remember if there was a difference.  I have always thought that PCs make the least difference...after all what about all the wiring before the outlet etc.  Probably just an excuse to not spend a bunch of money on PCs Smiley.  Now I do think interconnects and speaker cables make a difference and have spent a lot for mine.

Bottom line, the Zu Audio Mission PCs get the job done and it satisfies my need not to settle for stock cords.  I have no desire to upgrade the PCs and when I have a new piece of gear and need a PC...I buy another Mission. Now there are many here who'll disagree and have spent thousands on PCs...ask my good friend Lon Smiley.  Hope this helps.  Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
kevtn8
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 06/15/18 at 03:20:27

Hi,

All my cables are from Zu. I have their Event mk1 power cables on all my system components and their Mission mk2 XLR and RCA for all interconnects. I"m also using their Mission mk2 digital coaxial and AES cables for all of my dacs. I'm very satisfied with them and I think for the money they are hard to beat. They started out as a specialty hi-fi cable company before branching out so they know their cables.

However Zu has recently gone to a worldwide distribution network and have raised the cost on most of their line. Its still worth it I think but something to think about. If you can get it for cheap on Ebay from them, definitely go for it.  

Kevin

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #5 - 06/16/18 at 02:22:53

That’s good to hear Kevin. Depending on whose bidding, I might be able to get the Event power cable for just over $100.  ;D

Thanks, Gene

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 06/19/18 at 01:52:10

Good thoughts, all of them.
Being a “LearnOphile” I want to establish a base. I’ll be in search of a few more DHC-1’s, and one DSR.
Please let me know if you’re interested in moving to a solution, and would like to move the stuff you have.

Best,
Scott

TORII MKIV-25th,ZBIT,ZROCK2-25th,ZTPRE-25th,ZLC,DNA2's, REL S/3 SHO
MyTek Brooklyn DAC+,Sonore ultraRendu LinearPS,sonicTransport APi7 4TB
Woo WA6, Sennheiser HD660s
RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print