04/25/24 at 16:48:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OK Finally All In... (Read 6681 times)
pscreed
Verified Member

OK Finally All In...
06/11/18 at 00:29:57

My headphone rig for several years has been a CSP3 -> Taboo UFO. Dynamic, planar, Senn, ZMF, Oppo, Beyer. I’m not a good enough writer to put into words how Decware gear has made my listening better. It’s made my life better actually. It feels weird but correct to write these words so I’m going to leave that in.

Just pulled the trigger on a ZMA. Really looking forward to taking the next step on this journey.

There’s a well known guy on this forum that has kindly answered my questions elsewhere about his Decware experience. @Lon for whatever it’s worth just want to say thanks for that, really appreciate it.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: OK Finally All In...
Reply #1 - 06/11/18 at 00:48:14

ZMA ordered! Congrats! (And you're always welcome for any help).

CSP preamps to Taboos is great sound!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
pscreed
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 09/08/18 at 17:49:58

Psyched that my timing is good here. My order just happened to line up with the availability of the ZMA 25th Anniversary mods and I have upgraded to the full Monty. My understanding is that maybe mine will be the first ZMA 25th Anniversary in the wild.

I’ll try to post pix when it has landed.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #3 - 09/09/18 at 00:29:16

Very cool Pscreed and welcome to the Forum!

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
pscreed
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 10/05/18 at 23:23:03

The eagle has landed. Unboxing tomorrow and pics to follow if I can figure that out.

Stay tuned for the first ZMA with all available 25th anniversary mods in the wild.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 10/06/18 at 00:45:43

Did it really take 4 months to get your ZMA????   Tongue

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #6 - 10/06/18 at 14:17:51

Awesome pscreed! Enjoy the set up and your first day with your ZMA 25th.
Impressions and pic's soon would be cool. However, no hurry.

Arch, I suppose it took an extra week or two ...due to Steve finalizing in June to mid July....the ZMA enhancements (if I recall correctly, without reviewing the Developement Thread)....ensuring pscreed's is spot on.

Man, I'm being left behind. Cry  when Steve gets the Nich'ky's in down the road ....maybe I'll do it. .....as I'm listening to my ZMA right now...not wanting to change a thing/ZMA. So, the 4 to 6 months down the road is a good thing for me.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
pscreed
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 10/27/18 at 17:01:29

Some of you old- timers might get a kick out of this... anyway one of the power tubes got knocked out in transit. Of course Steve and Sarah are all over it and the replacement quad was shipped immediately. While it’s on the way here is me wanting to hear this amp. So I started digging around in the closet and I have a quad of Sylvania 6L6GC from a long, long time ago. To be exact from maybe 1980. They came out of a Mesa Boogie combo I ordered back when Randall Smith was still building them in his garage. Still have the typewritten receipts Smiley

So I had “upgraded” these tubes in the Boogie to Groove Tubes and stashed the originals. Like 35 or so years ago.

Well I put this quad of 6L6GCs in the ZMA and let them warm up. First time they have been juiced up in decades. The bias meter in the ZMA not too far off! Pulled out the manual and started messing around with the bias dials and you know what? I got all 4 meters nailed on 50!

Cued up the MSFL Joe Walsh “Barnstorm” CD. Hit play and started edging up the volume.

This is unreal. I have chills running up and down my spine.

Crazy. This amp is like a time tunnel back to when music was all I cared about.

Thanks Steve. Amazing.

More to come.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #8 - 10/28/18 at 14:24:53

The ZMA is a special Amp. Biasing and balancing the ZMA, in the way we can....takes it over the top.

The Tube sets I roll and bias swings I apply.... I pinch myself with this Amp a lot.

So right pscreed, it makes you care about music again (and again and again and again).

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3