Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 01:27:59 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lazy, Mendacious FedEx Driver(s) (Read 2786 times)
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Lazy, Mendacious FedEx Driver(s)
06/09/18 at 16:03:48

As this hobby requires deliveries, I wanted to share my experiences with everyone to see if anybody can identify with what I am going through with one particular company at my residential location.

I sold an amp and the buyer sent me the check by FedEx Next Day Express.  The day that the envelope was to arrive I was at home all afternoon. At 7:30 p.m., I checked the FedEx Tracking Website; it noted that at 3:07 delivery was attempted. Yet I was here in my apartment; nobody ever knocked on the door and no door tag was left.

I called FedEx to complain about this. Obviously the driver falsely represented that he/she attempted delivery when such was not the case. I had to visit their local armpit distribution location to pick up the envelope.

Now that mirrored a prior experience I had with these jokers a couple of months ago. My company sent me a new cell phone to use. Only I never knew about it until somebody from FedEx called me to say that they had made 3 delivery attempts and were ready to send the box back. I never received a door tag or any indication that anybody attempted delivery of the box. As with my envelope, I had to visit the distribution center tucked away in the middle of nowhere to get that, too.

I wonder whether any of you have had similar experiences with these carriers. I guess in the end if you don't complain nobody will get any traction.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Lazy, Mendacious FedEx Driver(s)
Reply #1 - 06/09/18 at 16:14:07

It's a difficult world now a days with so many things being delivered and so many carriers. My biggest problems were when I was living in Austin and they were constructing new McMansions across the street from my little bungalow house. The local UPS driver took it upon himself to demand delivery in person with signature on almost anything that was shipped, and the sender/seller didn't require this. I couldn't be home at 3 in the afternoon which seemed to be the only time that delivery was ever made and I had to take a bus and transfer to another bus on a Saturday to go get the items. I complained and was told that the driver had the option to only deliver in person if he felt the packages would be in danger left unattended. I finally asked the dispatcher to sort of sound him out and see why he felt they were endangered. I was told that he felt that because there were "Mexican" workers on the building across the street the packages were in jeopardy. This really really pissed me off as it was pure racism, any danger was unfounded, and there was never a problem of any nature with the construction going on across the street for a period of a year and a half (someone bought the entire other side of the street, hauled off the bungalows and built 8 McMansions) other than the noise problem of construction. I just did my best to not use that shipper until I noticed one day that the drivers had changed, a Mexican-American driver, nicest fellow ever, got this route and everything was improved.

It's always PEOPLE and their behavior that gums the works.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Doug
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 06/10/18 at 05:02:51

It seems that there are routinely a few bad apples employed by all the major shipping companies.  I sent a LFD NCSE amp, via UPS, to Gene Rubin Audio a few days ago for a very minor repair.  Gene called me yesterday to advise that, despite my superb packing which included heavy duty triple boxing and tons of packing material, UPS managed to smash all three control knobs on the face plate of the amp.  I cannot imagine the force required to cause this type of damage.  How does an incredibly well packed amplifier that is clearly marked high value and fragile incur this level of damage?  By the way, if you are not familiar with LFD amps, they are built like tanks, and are pretty much indestructible.  This whole thing blows my mind!  Of course, the $100 additional UPS insurance I purchased won't cover the cost to repair the damage, as my packing was "insufficient"!  How do we overcome the laziness and uncaring behavior of a few rotten UPS or Fed Ex employees?  It's Maddening!!!

Jay’s CD2T-Mk3
Denafrips Pontus II
ZROCK2 25th Mods
CSP3 25th & Custom Mods
PAP Quintets with Voxativ 1.6
First Watt J2 or Cary 300SEI
driving Voxativs—no crossover
LFD NCSE driving 15” Woofers
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 06/10/18 at 13:40:53

The answer to your question how to handle this behavior is to EXPOSE it.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print