Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 03:37:01 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Member sayin' hello (Read 3077 times)
MarioEd
Verified Member

New Member sayin' hello
05/15/18 at 22:34:48

Hello Everyone,

I've been reading the forum for awhile but just joined and wanted to say hello. I also wanted to give a big thanks to Steve here at Decware, Randy at Caintuck Audio and Louis at Omega Speakers for answering my many questions and helping me put together a nice little system.

I've been using tube amps for quite a while but always push-pull. About a year ago I decided to put together a modest SET system after reading about the magic of low watt amps and high efficiency speakers. After exchanging numerous e-mails with Steve I ordered a SE84ufo amp. I decided to try some open baffle speakers and Randy's Betsy Baffles in solid oak fit my budget. They sounded very good with the SE84ufo but I wanted a bit more bass so Randy built me some Alpha 15's also in oak. Initially I tried a passive crossover but decided using a Crown XLS amp sounded better in my listening space. This was a great sounding system for about 90% of the types of music I listen to. I think that is more to do with the limitations of my listening space rather than any weakness in the system. Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do about the space.

This past spring I came into a bit of extra money and after reading about the synergy of Decware amps with Omega speakers I got in touch with Louis at Omega. After giving him a detailed description of my listening space and what I wasn't happy with in the sound of the current system, he suggested I give the Junior 8 XRS speakers a try. Thank you Louis, there's that last 10%.

Anyway, here's my current setup. Roon ROCK OS on an Intel NUC7i5 > HQ Player on a NUC5i3 > Wyred 4 Sound DAC 1le with unbalanced outputs to the SE84ufo > Omega Junior 8 XRS and balanced outputs from the W4S to the Crown XLS 1002 > Alpha 15 Bass Baffles.

Regards,
Mario

Roon Rock NUC 11i7 > Sonore ultrarendu > Chord Qutest dac > Bottlehead Moreplay > Jolida Foz ss-x >SE84UFO > Omega Junior 8XRS, Kimber Kable hero IC & Audience Ohno iii SC
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: New Member sayin' hello
Reply #1 - 05/15/18 at 23:27:06

Welcome Mario! Thanks for describing your system and happy listening!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
MarioEd
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 05/16/18 at 00:09:19

Thanks Lon

Roon Rock NUC 11i7 > Sonore ultrarendu > Chord Qutest dac > Bottlehead Moreplay > Jolida Foz ss-x >SE84UFO > Omega Junior 8XRS, Kimber Kable hero IC & Audience Ohno iii SC
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #3 - 05/16/18 at 04:31:49

Welcome to the family MarioEd!

WWW   IP Logged
MarioEd
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 05/16/18 at 22:28:24

Thanks Steve and thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print