Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 23:53:24 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
best amp for ZU soul supremes (Read 36744 times)
RF
Verified Member

Re: best amp for ZU soul supremes
Reply #50 - 07/23/18 at 23:43:58

Our system are very similar.  

I have a little weird setup.

I also have Yamaha receiver which I use as a hub. I run preout to peachtree nova which drive my SS for TV/home theater. From Nova I run preout to decware tori mkiV to SS for listening to music. I swap the speaker cables depending on what i am in mood for.

Nova DAC is ok but looking for better one... just got Schiit modi multibit to see how it goes... still in mail.

Ideally I am going to go with chord qutest/2qute or border patrol USB maybe SE version.

But before I put 1-1.5k on DAC I want to give schiit a try.

Even al low volume SS/DW sound great with my torii... I like to listen little loud so I  bought torii mk IV  from Jeff. Wanted to make sure to have little headroom available.

Thanks,
RF

IP Logged
TheTakeOut
Verified Member

Reply #51 - 07/24/18 at 01:04:34

While the soul supremes have more detail and oomph, do you notice a difference in how they perform at low listening levels?  Also, how is the Torri at low listening levels?  If you had it to do again would you get the torii or would you consider one of the lower powered amps?

IP Logged
RF
Verified Member

Reply #52 - 07/24/18 at 02:11:32

SS perform really good with torii at low level along with undertone sub.
The reason I got torii is to play loud without worrying about not having enough juice.

IP Logged
TheTakeOut
Verified Member

Reply #53 - 07/24/18 at 03:08:48

I am a noob to this, but dangit, I don't understand why subs are so darned expensive.

I really considered starting my system with the schiit gumby dac.  really expensive, but almost pulled the trigger anyway.  I wish there were better guidlines about component matching and how to set reasonable expectations for how a component should perform.  it seems like really good dac would be key.  the ps audio directstream dac gets great reviews, but that one cost some cash!

I wish someone locally (DFW) had a low watt decware amp to hear.  I found someone who had a 10 watt inspire amp paired with tekton double impacts.  i look forward to hearing that one day.

IP Logged
RF
Verified Member

Reply #54 - 07/24/18 at 05:27:58

It takes a while to put everything together.

Ideally you should start with the best speakers you can afford, followed by the amp, followed by sub and last DAC.

This way you can enjoy the system as you add new parts.

Good luck
RF

IP Logged
benlefebvre
Verified Member

Reply #55 - 07/25/18 at 02:01:30

@thetakeout, I’ve been using a Schitt Gungnir with my Zu DWs, and that’s been a very pleasing combo.

If you’re looking for a Decware amp that has bass bloom on the DWs, the Rachel is one way to go. I’m listening to that amp right now - trying it out as it were - via the Omens. The bass is much more pronounced than it was when listening to the Mini Torii I own. Between the two, the bass is much “tubier” on the Rachel than the MT.

IP Logged
TheTakeOut
Verified Member

Reply #56 - 07/25/18 at 04:28:40

wow, thanks for the thoughts.  the rachel and the gumby seem like a good fit with the dirty weekends.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print