Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 12:19:19 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
She's Keeping the Torii Jr! (Read 3223 times)
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

She's Keeping the Torii Jr!
03/03/18 at 23:20:53

A couple of times a month I participate in a hobby / recreational activity that has its share of fatalities.
Knowing that one day the math might catch up with me and I might not get thru it intact, I've taken it upon myself to get all of my legal and paperwork affairs in order so that Happy Girl is not unnecessarily burdened.
HG likes good-sounding music but is not as picky as I am about the equipment involved, so I was showing her this forum and and explaining this is where she needs to come in order to monetize the assets by selling my Torii Jr., Zbit, Zrock, etc. to deserving and appreciative buyers. She immediately emphatically blurted out "I love the Torii! I will never sell it!". But I protested, "It's tube gear and at some point you might experience an issue with it and/or eventually it will need to be re-tubed". She said "Then I'll call Steve and he'll walk me thru it".
She then proceeded to crank up the volume on the Reggae - her favorite genre - being played and said "The Torii stays with me".

Sorry guys - I tried.

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
neac1976

Re: She's Keeping the Torii Jr!
Reply #1 - 03/04/18 at 00:28:40

Tommy,

Nice!
It is even nicer to be able to share this obsession with those that we love and care for AND have them appreciate it!
Your post speaks volumes about this forum also.
Sounds like a good life to me.

Mark

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 03/04/18 at 01:33:39

That's fantastic!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #3 - 03/04/18 at 16:35:46

Tommy - She's a KEEPER! I too have laid that out to my much better half that if I am gone any Decware questions contact the Mothership. Regarding my bike, I have three trusted friends that could move it for her without fleecing any $$$ from the transaction. This forum is priceless and Decware is a great company (products and People). Makes ya smile don't it! Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print