Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 17:55:28 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DIY component stand - finally done (Read 13877 times)
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

DIY component stand - finally done
03/02/18 at 14:11:19

So finished up the stand I have been working on for a while now. I needed something closer to the wall and something that would fit all my stuff and be easy to wire the components up. Well easy to get to them. The old stand was a pain to wire things up. So this is done I can move on to finishing my two speaker projects. Well one is a modification to an existing speaker and the other is a new build.
Here are some pics.

stand_1-1.jpg
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Re: DIY component stand - finally done
Reply #1 - 03/02/18 at 14:13:09

These are my leveling feet. 3/4" threaded rod, machined spike at the end and then welded a nut on so I can adjust these.

stand_spikes-1.jpg
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/02/18 at 14:14:30

Here is the nut with a washer welded on that goes into the bottom of the stand posts.

stand_nut-1.jpg
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/02/18 at 14:17:09

This is with the components. They are just placed to see how I might lay them out. I will probably move some stuff around. The stand is 36" tall and 48" wide. 2" shelves and 3x2" legs. Birch for the shelves and walnut for the legs.

stand_3-1.jpg
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/02/18 at 14:23:02

Zygi, thanks for the poly recommendation. A little hard to work with on the shelves but perfect for the legs. I had no runs anywhere. That stuff is really good.

So this thing had 3-5 coats of Tung oil and then 5 coats of Behlen Master Gel finish.

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #5 - 03/02/18 at 14:57:31

Wow Deuce, that is beautiful!  Nice work sir.  

So, where do I order?   Wink

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 03/02/18 at 15:34:01

Beautiful work.

JD

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 03/02/18 at 16:22:20

Thanks guys, I am happy with the way it turned out.
Tonight I will wire everything up. I need to make a few new RCA cables to connect everything.

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #8 - 03/03/18 at 05:27:54

I usually don't say much unless I am truly impressed. You have done a job that many people wouldn't have gotten the same results. What looks to be pretty simple is often not at all. The leveling feet for example took way more than they would seem to. And you got the mounts flush with the leg. That is a nice touch. What I appreciate the most is the sturdiness of the whole rack. It is not enough just to put thick slabs together without solidity. I look forward to photos of the next project that you have in mind.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #9 - 03/03/18 at 10:39:40

Very impressive!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #10 - 03/03/18 at 17:29:29

Deuce,  Love the way you've got all the woods matched. Rack looks bomb proof....Nice!

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #11 - 03/04/18 at 16:42:34

Deuce - Really beautiful! Great looking work and wonderful wood tones. I have found that woodworking is not one of my skill sets, but I do love looking at the amazing finished products that a lot of forum members create. Keep us posted on the speaker projects and happy listening. Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 03/05/18 at 15:14:59

Thanks guys for the compliments.
Woodworking is just a hobby for me. I have all kinds of ideas/projects but just not enough time to get them all done. But this one was moved to the top of the list. I was tired of the old stand. It was too big and shook every time I walked by. This one does not really move.
I created some new RCA cables over the weekend and I think I have all the components positioned as I want them.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #13 - 03/07/18 at 21:51:32

Wow, great looking rack. Nice design and nice woodworking and finish!

Maybe I can come by and see it next week?

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 03/07/18 at 23:30:31

yeah i love that too!  nice job!

CSP3 25yr, CAD 120s MKII, Sunfire Signature600, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Hana SL, JC3+, Schiit bifrost multibit, CXC, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands, OB Augies. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 & Dueland IC's,
  IP Logged
Jake G
Verified Member

Reply #15 - 04/13/18 at 23:13:04

Beautiful work! love the textures!

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #16 - 04/17/18 at 16:42:06

I forgot to mention, I got to see this rack in person - and yes, it looks even better in person! Well thought out, and well crafted!  DC also has some interesting 3D printed ideas I got to take a peek at!  Clever work my friend!

Oh yeah, and thanks for the oil and the visit with all the dogs!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 04/18/18 at 14:35:16

Thanks guys.
I really like this rack and it is a lot better than the old one. The old one I also made but I used round glass shelves. It looked good but was not practical. This new one is closer to the wall and a lot easier to move the components around and wire them up. The other upside that I did not think about is the light colored shelves. They do not show dust at all. With glass you see every spec.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print