Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 16:36:38 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tape Tour revving back up (Read 1851 times)
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Tape Tour revving back up
03/01/18 at 16:31:26

As some of you may have noticed already from Steve's last post in this thread, a new Tape Tour machine was purchased to replace the prior machine which suffered an untimely death on the Tour.  

First, Steve will need to receive the machine from the seller, and then verify its functionality.  If all looks good, off it will go.  I already reached out to Boxertwin, the next in line.

You can view the current Decware Tape Tour schedule at:  tinyurl.com/decwaretapetour

Keep in mind, the schedule is not accurate as I need to adjust the dates.  But the order is up-to-date as of today.  I will adjust the dates once I confirm who the deck will be sent to next.  

And, for those interested in getting added to the list, please reach out to me directly and I will add you to the schedule.  

Quick Review of the Tape Tour

1) You will receive the tape deck and tapes in an easy to ship Pelican case.
2) All you will need is a set of RCA interconnects to connect the tape rig to your pre-amp or directly to your amplifier.  We suggest a tube pre-amp if available
3) You will have 2 weeks to audition the tape deck
4) Once your tour segment is complete (or sooner), then you are responsible for shipping to the next in line (Jeff will be providing shipping details).
5) SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE!  I've said it before, but I'll say it again... it is your commentary and discussion that really gives this tour purpose.  The goal is to give you a taste of the analog tape flavor, and hopefully excite you, but  it's your concluding thoughts, likes, and dislikes that add value for you and others interested in tape as an audio format.

We've had really good participation thus far, but the information sharing has really lacked.  I hope that will change as we enter this new period of the tour.  Keep in mind, you don't need to spend hours on your follow up posts, or feel you need to write a dissertation.  But a couple of well thought out paragraphs with enough detail to make it useful and/or interesting is all we ask.  Hopefully your excitement will motivate this effort and it won't feel like homework   Wink

Cheers,
Jeff

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print