03/28/24 at 11:23:30 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Christmas Music (Read 3883 times)
chumily
Verified Member

Christmas Music
11/25/17 at 03:44:32

Well since we are entering the holiday season, I am thinking about putting together some playlists to get in the spirit!  Does anyone have any recommendations for Christmas/Holiday music?

I ran across this recommendation last year, Tis the Season TUBA Jolly.  Let It Snow (In the Jungle) is a nice take on a familiar song.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Christmas Music
Reply #1 - 11/25/17 at 08:01:21

I am not a big fan of holiday music. Handel's "Messiah" is something I always play because my Dad always did during the season (he didn't like to play secular pop Christmas music but would play classical music with a Christmas theme). My three favorite non-classical pieces are Marcus Roberts "Prayer for Peace," June Christy "This Time of Year" and Bob Dylan "Christmas in the Heart."

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 11/25/17 at 13:02:44

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Vincent
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 04/16/18 at 21:17:06

how about "A Charlie Brown Christmas"?
this album brings back memories.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print