Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 21:41:16 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My new (used) Super Zen Select comes today! (Read 3958 times)
Finch
Verified Member

My new (used) Super Zen Select comes today!
10/18/17 at 23:18:24

I am super excited. Also a little nervous. Will 2 watts be enough? Will XLR make my DAC twice as good?

I got a great deal from Kevtn8 on his SE84UFO2 and it will be here anytime now.  Things I am excited to hear for the first time, SET, Stepped Attenuator, XLR (still need to buy cables) and the UFO transformer.  

All of that seemed like it would add up to greatness so I couldn’t pass it up.

I figure I will wait a little bit before trying the XLR so I can get a feel before changing too much to see how it compares to my Torii MK2. I will start with using my DNA speakers, and maybe get my MG 944’s out of the closet too.

Rega RP6- ZP3- macmini- Benchmark Dac2 HGC- Torii mkii/ SE84 UFO2- MG944/DNA
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: My new (used) Super Zen Select comes today!
Reply #1 - 10/19/17 at 16:02:25

Finch- Congrats on your amp! Don't change too many things as it's easy to lose track of the change. We are in our third year of ownership of our Decware/Omega system and I am daily floored listening to the system. Enjoy, keep us posted on your thoughts and happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Finch
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 10/19/17 at 18:04:43

Chris, thanks. Not changing too many things is going to be very hard because holy cow did Kevtn8 hook me up with tubes! there are almost 100 tubes here, just about every tube you can put in this amp is here.
This is going to take awhile to dial in but so far, Wow! The clarity is stunning. The volume is fine, I kind of feel I can hear more at lower volume, not needing to crank it for the detail. It looks great with the zebrawood and the meters.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 10/19/17 at 20:22:08

Congrats Finch! You're going to be loving the sound more and more. It gets under your skin. Nothing else quite does it after you've grown into the Decware garden of sound.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
metropolis7
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 10/19/17 at 21:32:26

What always amazes me about Decware equipment compared to other stuff is that it is truly "grain free". It might not be a claim that makes for good ad copy (bigger! better! wow!), but it really sums-up what makes Decware so special. When you listen, and when you don't hear the "grainy" sound, it is a revelation. At least, it was for me.

IP Logged
Finch
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 10/22/17 at 00:43:19

2 Watts can still get me yelled at for being too loud! Wife is upstairs. Incredible. I am really enjoying this amp.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print