Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 23:40:59 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
No output......help please (Read 6831 times)
RaOne
Verified Member

No output......help please
09/28/17 at 00:41:52

Rachel arrived yesterday. Unpacked and set her up with no issues.  Everything was fine last night. Ran her for about two hours. Bias meters were running a little better than 40. No issues, sound was great. Powered down and went to bed.

Powered up today. All tubes lit up and are warm but get no output. Bias meters both show 0.

I'm in a panic!!!!! What happened?

CSP3
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Re: No output......help please
Reply #1 - 09/29/17 at 06:31:04

Being hot off the press, best to contact Sarah so she can get you in touch with Steve to help resolve your issue.  Hopefully it is solvable without having to send her back.  Regardless, they will help you get back up and running.  Good luck!

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
RaOne
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 09/29/17 at 23:56:58

Problem solved. Bit of a contact issue with the rectifier tube. Great amp, great company.......

CSP3
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 09/30/17 at 00:48:28

Phew!   Smiley  I had a similar "oh no" moment when my ZMA was new and suddenly it wouldn't power up.  Turned out to be poor contact of the fuse.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #4 - 10/01/17 at 21:47:12

Had the same issue years ago with an integrated tube amp. Believe it or not, it was the rivet that did not make contact inside the fuse holder. Looked fine, no worky. And I thought that things like this were one in a million.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Crazy Bill the Eel Killer
Seasoned Member

Tubes Rule !!

Reply #5 - 10/08/17 at 01:54:21

It's called " Murphy's Law "

Glad it worked out.

Cheers,                    Crazy Bill

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #6 - 10/08/17 at 17:13:48

I have always found that any serious issue with my gear was resolved fast by contacting Sarah/Steve and those times have been few and far between. Usually it's a bone head move by me when I have changed something/cleaned the gear rack. And always keep spare tubes of known quality on hand. I love the feeling when I turn on my gear and watch the meters climb as much as hitting the starter on my HD and hearing the first bark of the pipes. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 10/11/17 at 17:25:59

RaOne, congrats on your new Rachel! I came very close to buying that amp but ended up with a Torii Jr. as I needed a bit more power.

Regardless, when time and budget permit, you should seriously consider buying an entire set of spare tubes to have on hand. Steve highly recommends this for any trouble-shooting as he claims 98% of the issues with his amps are tube-related.
Having a full set on hand helps to isolate and identify where the issue may lie.

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS