Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 00:06:47 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New speakers demonstrated at the Oct Decfest? (Read 6123 times)
Pragone
Verified Member

New speakers demonstrated at the Oct Decfest?
09/24/17 at 21:05:56

In the 2017 decfest in Oct.   What are those speakers prominently displayed in the opening pic?

ERRx are almost covered up.  Is this a hint?

Are they a new Omni directional speaker? Next-gen radial?

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: New speakers demonstrated at the Oct Decfest?
Reply #1 - 09/24/17 at 22:28:15

Those are the new "Project Jaybird" naked sound speakers. They are part of Steve's further experimenting in cryo hyperbolic drive tech.
The sound is created in a cryo plasma when excited by the output of the amplifier. Very efficient, they only need .005 of a watt at 1 meter for 105 Db.
The sound, while very detailed, is very warm too. Not sterile like most speakers.
The hard part is maintaining the -70C temps, the refrigeration unit currently in use is larger than 2 home refrigerators and needs a 500 amp 440 VAC 3 phase service.
But remember when computers took whole buildings? Technology needs to be pursued!
Or I could be making this up because I'm goofing off.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #2 - 09/25/17 at 00:00:45

Yes, the 500 Amp 440 Vac is incredible! I can't believe it can be done.  :D

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 09/25/17 at 19:12:42

Pragone,

Sometimes the guys get a bit playful.  

The speakers I know will be demo'd will be the new Omega's and perhaps Steve's new Omni's called the Eggs.  The speakers in the picture are the eggs, but it looks like Steve has added some material between the egg and base cabinet.

I am looking forward to hearing both speakers along with the new DAC/Zbit combo.

I am also hoping that the corner subs Steve had running last year (sorry, forget the name) will be running again with his OBs.  That was memorable.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #4 - 09/25/17 at 22:38:54

I've been outed as a fraud!
It is a good thing that I have no morals or feel any kind of remorse!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #5 - 09/26/17 at 02:03:18

Hi everyone,

Yes, the speakers in the picture are in fact the "eggs" which is my temporary nickname for these prototype speakers. I would have moved them out of the picture, but it takes some time to set them up using a laser to measure location so I just left them there.

You can be rest assured these prototypes pose no threat to the ERRx, or the  HR-1 speakers, both which will be featured this year as before.  

The new Omega speakers featured on the site will be shown, as will Caintuck Audio's Open Baffle speakers.

Word is that we will get to preview a possible new offering from Caintuck Audio this year too.

The Zen Open Baffles will be demo'd with the Imperial SO's, just as it was last year.  It is one of my favorite combo's.

Also will be the High Definition Towers, and some DM946's and DM947's and our most popular speaker for two years running, the DNA horns.  I say most popular because we offer it both turn key as well as plans for the DIY market, and plans for this speaker have dwarfed all of the other Decware home speaker plans combined.

The HR-1's will be shown in Cherry this year, and we'll also have our unbeatable desktop speakers setup on a desktop with our headphone rigs.

For headphones, we will be showing the ZMF Ori and LCD2, which are planar headphones and the ZMF Atticus and Eikon, which are both dynamic headphones.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Pragone
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 09/26/17 at 02:46:05

You almost had me ..... Tongue

IP Logged
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

Reply #7 - 09/26/17 at 14:42:48

Greetings everyone,

Thanks Steve for mentioning the new goodies from Caintuck Audio ...

If everything goes according to plan, I will actually be showing three (3) new versions of the Betsy baffles ..... the Betsy Deuce, the Betsy & Buck and one additional item that is in the works.

It's possible that I might be posting some info on that project in the Betsy Open Baffle section of the Decware forum later today or tomorrow.

Stay tuned .....

Looking forward to seeing everyone in October.
For anyone thinking about attending the Decware Fest, it is a total blast every year .....

Happy listening,
Randy

CEC TL5N belt drive CD transport
Cambridge Audio Azur 851N DAC / Streamer
Decware SE84UFO amplifier
Caintuck Audio Betsy Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii Silver-10 Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii 15 Open Bass Baffle
WWW   IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #8 - 09/27/17 at 14:10:46

I'm looking forward to listening to all the different speakers this year!

Those Imperial SO last year were memorable indeed. I almost ran out and built some as soon as I got home...but I have too many projects as it is.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print