Send Topic Print
Tell on myself (Read 755 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Tell on myself
09/14/17 at 06:04:07

Sorry but I just have to reiterate the hate side of my love/hate relationship with computers... aka digital.

I just figured out that despite paying double for high quality audio streaming there is a check box that you must check to actually hear it...

So ridiculous...  everything has to be a puzzle with computers, and not only that - everything has to be a puzzle who's riddle changes over time.

Nothing like paying for high res and listening to low res for God only knows how long...

This explains quite a few things, now that it finally sounds good.  Haha, it sounded so bad compared to everything else I decided to use it as a tool to improve the room so that it would be less painful thinking that if you can't get internet streams to sound good, what good are you?

And it did make a marked improvement... the room upgrades that is. Then after a couple weeks I found the damn check box was unchecked. Checking the box for apparently the first time in the new room was memorable.

Who can say the damn check box was even there before?  You know how fun it is to have software present you with only the controls it thinks you need to see... one minute there was a button to do something and the next minute it's not there.

It's my dream that the little millennials who dream up this logic go to a room after death with a light switch on the wall that moves around constantly so they can never find it.  Then when they do they will have to guess the magic number of presses and flip it that many times and wait as see if something happens.  Occasionally the light will come on, but then burn out because it hasn't been updated with the latest firmware. And of course I want to watch.

WWW   IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Re: Tell on myself
Reply #1 - 09/14/17 at 07:50:54

HA! Good one, Steve!

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #2 - 09/14/17 at 19:51:45

I had to go back and double check my settings now, just to be sure. LOL

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #3 - 09/15/17 at 02:49:03

Should I be worried? Just how many boxes have I Not checked in life thinking that I did, or like what was said already, the *system* changed (for no apparent reason). Who knows, it is probably in the realm as checking a box that you haven't read in the first place. C'mon guys we all know what I am referring to here.
So at McDonalds, you order a hamburger but didn't tell them that you prefer beef. Worse yet, you enter a whore house and didn't mention the fact that you prefer a clean *participant*...

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
lauryfriese
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 11/13/23 at 04:54:48

It's true that software interfaces and settings can change over time, which can sometimes lead to confusion and difficulty finding specific controls or checkboxes. Developers often update and improve software based on user feedback or to introduce new features, but these changes can sometimes result in a learning curve for users.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print