Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/16/24 at 16:41:58 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decware SE84CKC + Hornshoppe The Truth (Read 3575 times)
Artem
Verified Member

Decware SE84CKC + Hornshoppe The Truth
08/21/17 at 21:55:23

Have anybody heard Hornshoppe The Truth linestage (described like the best money could buy) with Decware amplifier (i have SE84CKC)? The sound of Decware amp is wonderful but could it be better? Of course i would disable decware built-in volume control if i will use an external linestage.

I live in eastern Europe, so cannot try it.
More details about linestage could be found here: http://www.high-endaudio.com/RC-Linestages.html

Thanks.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Decware SE84CKC + Hornshoppe The Truth
Reply #1 - 08/23/17 at 02:36:56

Quote:
(described like the best money could buy)

Doubtful.  No pictures of the inside, or the rear, no lifetime warranty, and $50 if you want to talk to the designer on the phone.  Using that as a ruler it would be fairly easy to argue that Decware is like the best money could buy, which it actually is.

Take a look at our CSP3 if you want less of a leap of faith.  The "Truth" might sound great, in fact it might even sound better than a CSP3 I haven't heard one, point is, it's not how good it sounds, it's how long it sounds good.

-Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Artem
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 08/23/17 at 07:53:32

Thank you, Steve!

Sorry for my misleading post. The link which mentioned above is link of the reviewer but not the producer of the linestage. Of course you should not pay to speak with the designer Smiley

I am sure that your preamplifier is absolutely wonderful but i just don't need additional gain.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #3 - 08/28/17 at 17:18:22

So apparently it is the reviewer who charges $50 to talk to people and not the designer.

Had it been the designer it would have been a big red flag in my experience so it is a relief to find that is not the case.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print