Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 13:11:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
And Now, for my next magical trick... (Read 2738 times)
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

And Now, for my next magical trick...
08/09/17 at 23:19:48

Been going back and forth for some time now about digital. Had a bad feeling about it all. Not the possibility of it being good mind you, but the mess that it could turn out to be just getting there. Of course there are several options, but the one I was most counting on was the idea of hooking this non sense to my regular old fashioned tubed system. Just wanted to use RCA cables, thank you very much. An all in one box was a concept that sounded appealing until I looked at price. So now, stay tuned, because I will be trying out another idea that, in spite of it's appearance (a laptop, for god sake), may well be the best way for me to get on track with digital files, ripping CD and the rest of that game. Along with the advent of my recent engagement with headphones, this could be another big step. Stay tuned. Same Bat Time, same Bat channel.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Crazy Bill the Eel Killer
Seasoned Member

Tubes Rule !!

Re: And Now, for my next magical trick...
Reply #1 - 08/10/17 at 02:53:26

Hello 4krow,
Oh, are you in for some fun and serious headaches !! Been there and done that.

My best digital source ( after A LOT of playing around and switching programs and  hardware ) was my laptop using JRMC as library storage and JPlay as the playback software. Pretty frigin good. Though for CD quality files, my Burmester CD001 was right there, and it did some things I though better than the computer source for 44.1.

That said, most of my digital stuff is gone. Only quality thing left is my LessLoss Echoes End, and that's going soon. No digital I've heard ( LessLos,WeissDac 202, Auralic Vega,Burmester ) can compete with my analog front end.

Life's short, and I'm in the latter stages. Vinyl only for me from now on.

But you have fun. Good digital is now very,very, good. But if you're going to stick with the Windows platform, don't dismiss JPlay. It seriously bested everything else I heard.

But, of course, YMMV.

Cheers,                Crazy Bil

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print