Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 20:18:54 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sennheiser HD6XX massdrop (Read 6996 times)
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Sennheiser HD6XX massdrop
07/22/17 at 22:03:47

I understand these come with a 6' cord instead of the normal 10'.  A steal @ $199, I picked up a pair.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx?irgwc

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Sennheiser HD6XX massdrop
Reply #1 - 07/24/17 at 17:10:21

I think the Sennheiser is a good choice in many cases.The Senn signature sound is altogether different from say the Grado house sound. For those reasons, it becomes a matter of preference for each of us, and maybe for different reasons. My experience and preference has changed simply due to personal and even health reasons. More specifically, I have had a drop in hearing due to a recent set of infusions of antibiotics. The result was positive, save for the damage to my hearing. At my age of 60, there has already been a marked difference in hearing, and so that has shaped my decisions in audio.

I say enjoy all that you can with products like Sennheiser and even better phones out there for as long as you can.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
designtaylor
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 03/14/20 at 18:41:50

I have a pair of these and really enjoy them but not as much as some of the other cans I've moved onto since. At any rate, you really can't beat them on price for value!

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/14/20 at 20:40:50

I bought an aftermarket Neotech cable w/ good terminations. This really improved the bass response and dark sound of the headphones. Since I rarely listen to headphones, this combination serves me well.

I listen to my Pixel 2 w/ Xtreme USB Audio app - Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt - Etymotic ER3XR combination a lot more with my travel. The USB Audio app is great for those streaming with Android system phones. The Etymotic ER3XR's are a great sounding IEM for under $200/pr.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
derrick2VM
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 03/17/20 at 08:02:35

HockessinKid, have you been comparing them with Sony as alternative? By the way, here is a great list of headphone amps - ( url: https://theguruchoice.com/amplifiers/best-headphone-amplifier-under-200/ ) of different manufacturers, and the best I've got there is Audioengine D1. It has worked for 1 year already, and works pefectly.

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 03/17/20 at 11:58:37

Derrick,

Nada.

HK

IP Logged
morp
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 07/10/20 at 22:04:16

I wanted to bump this thread since there is such magical synergy between my CSP2+ and HD6xx. I can't speak to how they compare to speakers since I exclusively listen to headphones for critical listening, but I have far more expensive headphones that only give me 10% more performance. If you have a decware amp/preamp with headphone out and have even a vague itch to see how they do with headphones, you can't go wrong with these at $200 (or less on the used market).

IP Logged
Joseph60Dyson
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 01/14/21 at 13:47:29

thanks a lot!

IP Logged
Joseph60Dyson
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 01/14/21 at 13:52:53

thanks a lot

IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 03/25/22 at 21:26:09

I own the AudioTechnica m50x. Anyone ever compare these with Sennheiser before? They run about the same price. I sure hear a lot about Sennheiser, but living in the sticks, no convenient way to compare. Sound and comfort? ~Mike

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print