Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 21:41:15 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Wanna hear what TAPE sounds like? (Read 16560 times)
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Re: Wanna hear what TAPE sounds like?
Reply #50 - 07/14/17 at 16:12:35

Has not landed yet, but today would be the 5 day mark which sounds about right.  Ill post back when in hand.

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #51 - 07/19/17 at 02:04:52

Steve, et al.,
The tape machine and my Palomino reel arrived today!  Thank Steve for the reel Smiley  

I just posted in the general forum to garner interest.  In the meantime I will create a very simple live Google sheet to keep track of the tour.  I will also do a post in this forum with basic guidelines and logistics of the tour, so stay tuned.  

However, this is our tour and I want to ask about time allocation.  How much time should each take with the machine before passing it on?  It is a balance, as we want people to have ample time to fully experience it, but also want to get the machine in as many people's hands as possible.   My gut says 2 weeks?  I could even see doing 3 weeks but probably nothing beyond that.  

Thought?

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #52 - 07/19/17 at 08:54:44

Hey Jeff, I think that 2 weeks is a good amount of time for people to experience/evaluate the sound. I personally don't plan on keeping it longer than that.

Randy

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #53 - 07/19/17 at 21:28:17

Thanks Randy (and Stone).  2 weeks it is.  As mentioned on General forum, out of town until 31st, so will get to my listening at that point.  Sorry for the delay, just bad timing on my part with the machines arrival.

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #54 - 07/19/17 at 21:45:21

Not a problem...going to dodger game Jul 29...so, Sunday might be first day I'm avail...I'm retired so anytime after the 29th is fine!
Ace

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #55 - 07/20/17 at 14:14:45

No worries.....out of the Cities and up in Door County for me.

Reading the impressions (starting in August with Jeff & Ace) the next couple of months and having it sometime in October, will be perfect for me.

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #56 - 07/20/17 at 14:53:54

UPDATED: SVHS Tape Tour List (Preliminary, Informal):

1) JofA/Acetone
2) Linton
3) Bottlehead
4) Stone of Tone
5) Maddog07
6) DB2
7) Lonely Raven

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #57 - 07/20/17 at 15:57:33

This sounds fun - add me to the list. I may even have my own Mitsubishi SVHS around here somewhere.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #58 - 07/20/17 at 16:09:15

Done LR! #7

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #59 - 08/09/17 at 05:51:44

As Farther Murphy would have it, Jeff's ZMA amplifier developed a problem with one of the bias meters which makes it impossible for him to faithfully balance the output tubes of one channel. While this wouldn't render the amp useless by any means, it does inject a variable that he's not comfortable with.  For that reason he is sending the amp back to the mothership for a meter upgrade to ensure 100% performance from the amp during the evaluation.  It will take at least a week or two longer for the amp to arrive here and get sent back ready to rock!  

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #60 - 08/11/17 at 20:09:26

Palomino would like to be added to the list for the Palomino tape.

I don't really need the machine.  I have two SVHS decks (maybe three).  One is prosumer and the other is pro grade.    I used to be into video.  Weddings and such plus my wife used to edit research focus group tapes.

I could bring one to the Fest if anyone is interested.  Raven, I smell a CDApS brewing.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
hurdy_gurdyman
Verified Member

Reply #61 - 08/17/17 at 00:09:34

Interesting topic. I've been an analog tape fan since the early 70's. Have two R2R machines and several cassette machines, including one 3 3/4 speed model. I use the R2R mostly for live recording of my folk band and of me solo and in a duet. The sound is excellent.
I'm going to follow this with interest...

Dave

The only thing that sounds prettier than a banjo is the sound of a cat getting a shampoo in a flushing toilet.
WWW   IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #62 - 08/20/17 at 07:11:59

So, I have had my Torii MKIV in place for a bit now and am getting really comfortable with this amplifier and confident enough with its sound to embark on this Tape Tour journey, despite my ZMA being in for some work.  My intent is to actually listen to this SVHS tape rig with BOTH the Torii MKIV and the ZMA before passing it on to the next recipient.  

That being said, Acetone, how is your schedule looking like this coming week and next?  Definitely want to have you join this party!

And Beowulf... your in San Diego.  You are welcome to join as well.

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #63 - 08/21/17 at 22:42:39

Hey Jeff,  My next two weekends are going to be hectic?...My youngest moving from S. Diego this coming weekend. I am helping with that move thru Saturday. My eldest just bought a house in San Pedro and I might be helping Her and her Husband move the following weekend (pending escrow closing). If anything changes I will let you know. Would love to hear your system and all it delivers!!

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #64 - 08/22/17 at 05:06:04

No worries at all Ace.  It is life.  And balancing such is a what we do.  

Quick question, are weekdays off limits?  Not sure of your work/retirement status but I have full flexibility during the week as well.

Off topic, but are you planning on going to T.H.E. Show in Anaheim?

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #65 - 08/22/17 at 06:31:26

Weekends normally OK. But, weekdays are also no prob. Next week on a weekday will work. I'm retired.
Thanks for asking! Ace

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #66 - 08/22/17 at 13:42:32

Cool J of A & Ace. Jeff, thanks in advance for being the lead on this from Steve. No hurry, your impressions with your IV and ZMA will be interesting. Ace should/will hear it in your System and then in his to report both impressions.

I look forward to receiving the machine & tape down the line in approx. November......as planned.

Best thing was my ZMA going in for a 3 year checkup, the beefier resistor's, volume pot adjustment and now backlit. She is better than ever/sound + beautiful!  You should be getting yours back soon.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #67 - 08/23/17 at 06:29:50

Thanks Stone!  And I'm happy to take point on this Tour.  It really is a pretty cool and fun little experiment.  Now to actually get the dang show on the road!!   Undecided    

I am looking forward to getting my ZMA back with the new and improved parts, but am enjoying the MKIV in its absence.  I really should have done this sooner for crying out loud!  Better late than never I guess.  With an amp like the ZMA in place, uprooting it listen to another amp, even temporarily, is not an easy self-sell.

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to posting my impressions, and it will be awesome to have Ace here along the journey.   <hoping he still has some of his homebrew to bring to the party> Smiley

Got you on the list, spot secured and will get this baby heading your way in due time.  

Ace, I got your PM's and will reach back out to you regarding a day to plan on having you down.  Great to hear weekdays are in play.  Shouldn't be too tough settling on a day here soon.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #68 - 08/23/17 at 13:21:36

You bet Jeff. This will be fun!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #69 - 08/24/17 at 06:01:11

I have an idea.  I think it is a good one.  But then again....

It is about 6 weeks until Decfest.  I plan to take the next 2-3 weeks to really get to know this SVHS machine and what it can do.  Critical listening.  Taking my time.  Comparing to other sources on hand - including of course my SonoruS R2R system.  I am curious as to how it stands alone.  I am equally curious as to how it stacks up against hi-res digital, my vinyl rig, and my analog tape (using the reel Steve made for me).  

And I won't be going at this alone.  Acetone will be here and all will benefit from two perspectives listening to the same output, comparing the variables.

So, here is my idea.  The whole point of this tour is to share this experience.  I can't think of any better event than the one, and only... Decfest.  

With six weeks before the event, Acetone and I can do our thing.  I can send it off to the next one in line, which I believe is Bottlehead (I should have looked at the list   Undecided   That leaves plenty of time for listening before it is then sent to Decware in time for Decfest for all those attending to have a chance to listen.  Captive audience in numbers.  I will create a shipping label to slap on the Pelican myself that weekend for Steve & Co. to have their FedEx guy pickup next time he swings by to deliver to #3 in line.  And of course if second in line finishes in time to send it on to #3 before Decfest, then all the better.  

This all being said, of those currently on the Tape Tour list, who will be attending Decfest this year?

IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #70 - 08/26/17 at 02:18:37

Hey Jeff,

I won't be making it to Decfest this year, but if it helps with the scheduling/timing/shipping, I'm perfectly fine with waiting until after the fest to begin my evaluation.

Randy

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #71 - 08/31/17 at 03:02:03

Jeff,

ZMA is done.  Call me Thursday.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #72 - 08/31/17 at 03:23:19

Great news Steve!  I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Thanks,
Jeff

IP Logged
linton
Verified Member

Reply #73 - 09/01/17 at 15:50:49

Hi Jeff,

I won't be attending Decfest. Looking forward to your and Acetone's first impressions. My schedule is flexible, feel free to move me around on the list as needed to fit your plans.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #74 - 09/01/17 at 18:50:36

Jeff, I look forward to the impressions from you & Acetone first and then the Fest attendee's. No hurry, to get it to me.

It needs to be at the Fest, after you and Acetone. People can witness, from that particular VHS machine....from that tape(s)....we will be hearing or have heard in your case and Acetone.
....and of course, Fest goer's, get to hear from the master tapes and Steve's machine, as well.

and how can I forget..........you're getting your ZMA back!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #75 - 09/02/17 at 06:37:56

Yeah, I think it is a good game plan Stone.  I'm going to do some preliminary listening on the Torii this coming week just to acclimate to the SVHS hardware.  Then Acetone and I will immerse ourselves before sending the SVHS to Peoria for many to experience.  Things should get rolling here rather quickly.  

And yes!!!... the ZMA is on its way back to me, better than ever with backlit, supercharged gauges.  And since it was back in Peoria, I had Steve install some upgrade parts I purchased.  Most notable was the Jupiter Copper Foil HT (aka "Type II") capacitors in the signal path (0.022uF) and a custom built (by Steve) shielded, all silver wire network from input sockets to output binding posts.  Oh, and a high-end Gold Point 47 position stepped attenuator.  A few other minor parts were upgraded, such as WBT RCA input sockets and speaker binding posts which may or may not have an audible impact, but I figured it at least maintains the integrity of the silver connection patch into and out of my ZMA.  

Anyway, they are some nice feature additions without changing the voicing of the amp and everything I love about it.  I really can't wait to get my ZMA back at the helm.  Steve made an interesting comment about how that failing gauge could have hamstrung my amp from the day I received it (from the original owner).  I may never have really heard my ZMA which gives me goosebumps, in a good way!  Getting butterflies in anticipation of what could be a re-do of my first date with Ms. ZMA.  

As usual, Steve and Sarah took great care of me.

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #76 - 09/02/17 at 18:29:30

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #77 - 09/02/17 at 18:45:16

There she is and looking good.....SVHS!

Great game plan Jeff on SVHS.

Yes! My ZMA came back to me, I think....even better. I remember Archie asking me about it. Mine seems more powerful and transparent with its off the charts musicality. I don't think it is in my head. Tube rolling input tubes is shear joy with the ZMA! ....YES, Sarah & Steve were great with mine.

Okay, look forward to when you're ready to comment on the SVHS Recordings....preliminary thoughts with your Torii.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #78 - 09/02/17 at 19:08:16

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #79 - 09/02/17 at 20:20:16

Awesome Jeff! Going to be an adventure when it returns!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #80 - 09/02/17 at 20:26:46

The Tour kit includes the Samsung VR8460 player and (4) SVHS tapes - Tape One being the "Palamino Mix."  Between the four tapes, a really good mix of music genres is represented.  

With the Torii MKIV in place, before the return of my ZMA, it is hooked up direct to the Torii via my ZSB.  After some decent hours of listening, I will them move it to my Zen Ultra pre-amp where it will feed into the Torii.  

Unboxing:
The unit and tapes came nicely packed in the Pelican case, so removing the contents was a breeze - and so will be the case when time to pack it up and send it off.  No joke, you all will be able to get this thing repackaged safely in less than 60 seconds.  

Having been awhile since I handled a VHS player, the first thought that came to mind when I picked it up was, "wow, this thing is a real piece of $&*t - weighing no more than a couple pounds and full of 80's era flimsy plastic buttons.  But that is what makes this whole experience pretty bitchin.  

I am on Tape 3 now, and just taking some first passes, but I am certain at this point that I could fool 100% of the people, 100% of the time, if I stuffed this somewhere out of sight during playback.  The look on everyone's faces would be   Shocked  without a shred of doubt.  

Yep, this thing has got to come back to Peoria for all to listen to at the Fest.

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #81 - 09/02/17 at 22:32:28

IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #82 - 09/07/17 at 02:20:23

OK... I went to the link - I don't see a schedule - what am I missing?

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #83 - 09/07/17 at 02:23:35

OK... I did find it here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eEf_cv1hs_6WnMIe98hLOPd9I14JYrKrw-vHHPt0...
jHs/edit#gid=0

but only through 9/30....????

nevermind... my widescreen monitor wasn't showing the month tabs at the bottom..... I see now when I scroll!   Smiley

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #84 - 09/07/17 at 05:28:40

Here is an easier/shorter link to access the Tour Schedule:  https://tinyurl.com/y87fmkv8

IP Logged
linton
Verified Member

Reply #85 - 09/26/17 at 21:32:54

Hi, all.

Jeff informed me that the rig is scheduled to arrive Thursday.

I'm specifically interested in Steve's work on the 'Palomino' tape:

"It's important to understand that the source for this tape was not high-resolution digital files, nor even rebook CD, but rather a stream from the internet at 320 kbps, which is how so many of us are now listening to digital with our computers.  I figure if the process actually works, it will work on that."

I've been listening to the Palomino tracks via:

Tidal -> 16-bit NOS DAC -> TORII JR -> Sierra RAAL Towers

Looking forward to comparing that with SVHS as source

Report back soon,

Rob

IP Logged
linton
Verified Member

Reply #86 - 09/28/17 at 22:09:17

Update:

Notification from FedEx says the deck is now planned arrive Saturday -- will let you all know when it arrives.

Rob

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #87 - 09/29/17 at 06:26:24

Bummer Rob.  Fedex is usually really good with delivering as stated.  As a matter of fact, I get more early deliveries from them than late ones.  Well, at least they are coming on Saturday so you can still play with it this weekend if you so choose.  Keep us posted!

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #88 - 09/30/17 at 16:21:29

Cool/exciting. Look forward to my run after Bottlehead.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #89 - 10/12/17 at 19:01:33

Linton and/or Bottlehead............anything to say about this? Realizing, you're busy too....and you will get to saying something. I just wanted to take temperature check... .

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
linton
Verified Member

Reply #90 - 10/12/17 at 19:10:29

s_o_t,

FedEx had a problem finding Montana...the gear finally arrived Tuesday but I'm out of town through the early part of next week. My plan is to have it set up and listen Wed. through Sun. next week. I'll report back soon.

Rob

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #91 - 10/12/17 at 19:39:08

Yep, Fedex was a smidge off on their delivery estimate.  I shipped on 9/25, with an arrival date of 9/29.  After aimlessly touring the west coast a bit, Fedex finally decided it was probably a good time to get this thing delivered. They dropped it at Rob's doorstep on 10/10!   Angry

Once Rob has had sufficient time with the kit and is ready to send it along, I will update the Tour schedule accordingly.  I'll make an announcement so all can take a look at the changes and let me know if there are any conflicts with their calendar.  

Enjoy Rob!

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #92 - 10/13/17 at 01:29:45

Wow, FedEx dropped that way bad.

No hurry here, enjoy Rob.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #93 - 10/13/17 at 08:31:13

Same here, Rob, no hurry. I'm up to my...uh...elbows in alligators right now, anyway.

Randy

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #94 - 10/13/17 at 19:56:55

I'm looking forward to this! Looks like I'm early December, if we're still on Schedule. That works out for me as I can hand it off to Palomino and I'll be out of town the week before Xmas.

Is there room in the box for me to add one more tape?  If I can find an S-VHS tape, maybe I'll put my "Demo Tunes" on a tape and add it to the collection/tour.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
linton
Verified Member

Reply #95 - 10/20/17 at 03:31:52

Hi All,

Enjoying The Tubes...got the deck set-up tonight; levels set and alls ready to A/B the Palomino tape with Spotify streaming this weekend. Keep you all posted.

Thanks Steve and Jeff,
Rob

Small_IMG_1292.jpg
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #96 - 10/20/17 at 12:07:03

The Tubes, .....that brings back some memories. of 1978 - 1983!

Enjoy Rob. Having a nice Pre into Decware is sweet right?! I'm enjoying an older classic ARC LS-2B MkII into my ZMA.....she is sticking around for awhile.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
linton
Verified Member

Reply #97 - 10/24/17 at 18:22:55

Hi All,

Spent some quality time with the SVHS rig this weekend. I'm planning to write-up and post my experience later tonight or tomorrow.

<stone_of_tone>
I agree, I'll keep my Pre around for a while as well -- the C220 adds nothing but convenience and volume to the mix; a quiet phono front-end and source switch for my beloved TORII Jr.

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #98 - 10/27/17 at 15:24:36

Tape Tour Update

Stone of Tone is next in line to receive the SVHS tape rig, after Linton.

With the Fedex shipping debacle that delayed Linton receiving the gear in a timely manner, I had to update the Tape Tour schedule.  You can see where you stand on the current schedule HERE:  https://tinyurl.com/y87fmkv8

Contact me to get added to the list.  Next available slot is in March.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #99 - 10/28/17 at 14:29:35

Look forward to your write up Rob/linton.

Rob, will you get a chance to ship it out today or Monday and PM me a tracking number? FedEx or UPS is fine. FedEx preferred for my area; however, I know you had a debacle with them.

J of A, thanks for shepherding this Tour.  -Stone/Larry

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063