Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 15:46:15 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
L A Audio Show - June 2017 (Read 4852 times)
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

L A Audio Show - June 2017
05/09/17 at 17:38:36

This will be the first Audio Show I have ever attended. I welcome any tid-bits of knowledge anyone has to share based on you past experiences!

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
Tal
Seasoned Member

Re: L A Audio Show - June 2017
Reply #1 - 05/09/17 at 21:14:12

Unfortunately, I can't offer any advice, as I've never attended a show. But I appreciate the heads up. I may try to attend!

SE84UFO2 25A mods x2, ZP3 25A mods, CSP3 25A mods, ZRock2 25A mods, Rega P3-24 Incognito tonearm rewire and Groovetracer mods, Bob's Devices SUT > ZP3, Denafrips Pontus + Hermes, Bluesound streamer, Zu Soul VI, Omega DeepOmega8 sub,
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/09/17 at 22:14:04

Get there early, prioritize the rooms you want to hear and go to them first.  Beat the rush.  Call that the "type A" plan.

The "type B" plan would be to go there over a couple of days and take your time.

I'd still have a plan in either case.  

Its easy to burn hours wandering around.  Avoid rooms hell bent on talking more about their product rather than letting you listen to it.  Look for the genuine artists and avoid the hucksters.  They are pretty easy to spot.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #3 - 05/12/17 at 16:16:13

Thanks Pal, There are several seminars that sound interesting that I will probably hit. Also I want to get in some hours of listening reference to compare with my current room set up.
I need better IC's for my TT - ZP3 - SuperZen section so I will be paying attention and asking a few questions. With all that said and done I may just order Decware - Silver ref cables. (If Steve uses them with great results at Defest etc...then why not?)

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #4 - 05/13/17 at 23:03:59

Acetone,
What day(s) do you plan on going? I will be there as well, but haven't quite decide what days.  I think Friday and Saturday.

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #5 - 05/14/17 at 15:47:49

Definitely Friday and Sat. My Daughter lives in Venice so I'll probably be coming from her place.
I will PM you my Cell# and perhaps we can meet up and compare notes.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print