Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 10:54:41 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZBIT, ZROCK... Zxxxx  ????? (Read 697 times)
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

ZBIT, ZROCK... Zxxxx  ?????
05/05/17 at 22:41:58

I swear that I read somewhere here on the forum just a few days ago, a post from Zenmaster Steve, where he said he was redesigning the power supply for the ZROCK... and the ZBIT and maybe even the ZSTAGE.. or maybe all the Zxxxx toolboxes.  For the life of me I can't find the post.
Anybody else read this post from Steve?  I can't imagine that I dreamt this up... but you never know what kind of thoughts audio nervosa can cause.
I'm thinking I might like to have a ZBOX and a ZROCK... in my tool box of audio goodies.... "just in case" I might need them.  And I wanted to follow-up on the timing of the new versions to see when they are expected to be available.

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: ZBIT, ZROCK... Zxxxx  ?????
Reply #1 - 05/05/17 at 23:03:18

Don't remember reading that, and just a note: the ZBIT is a passive device, no power supply. (I love mine!)

What Steve mentioned redesigning lately is the Taboo Mk III into Mk IV. . . .That's what I most remember.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #2 - 05/05/17 at 23:12:43

fully aware the ZBIT is passive/transformer based.....
told you my memory about what I read was not "clear" -
Wink

found the thread.... and he is updating power supplies for the ZRock, ZStage and Zbox... along with a couple of other new products - a Tube Tester for one..!!!!  And adding a remote volume control for the switch box... a 25th anniversary Zen.....

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1408725911/260#260

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 05/05/17 at 23:49:01

Okay cool. Don't know why you would need a ZBOX etc. The anniversary Zen may be cool. I'm trying to pretend no new products will exist. Smiley

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #4 - 05/06/17 at 18:10:42

I want: ZROCK, 25th Anniversary SE84C(S), 6C33C Mono-blocks & ZDSD NT-503 (or NT-503 stand alone and get a ZBIT).

I'm saving for the 6C33C Mono's flat plate in walnut.

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #5 - 05/06/17 at 19:23:17

I forgot:
Another Caintuck Audio Alpha 15 walnut stained OB Bass + Crown Stereo Bass Amp.

I am so impressed with the Decware DM's.....curiosity has me needing to hear Mundorf Mcap Supremes in them. I'm going to bring them to Midwest Speaker and open up on the table and devise how I want to set up a manner to change Caps without soldering in and out.  Cool.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #6 - 05/06/17 at 22:03:07

I can't afford all the Gear I listed in reply 4 & 5. I'm thankful for what I do have.

What I can afford is trying different Caps! I opened up the back of one DM947.....no problem. By leaving a left middle and right middle screw out of the back plate....I will be able to solder an short extended wire off the Tweeter wire fish thru hole/external to Cap and solder an short extended wire off the terminal and fish out the other hole/external .....allowing me this external Cap connection swapping.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #7 - 05/07/17 at 02:01:01

After pricing sticker shock of Audio Note, Stealth Caps, Jupiter Caps and Duelund 😭 .....I'm sticking to my tried and true Mundorf Mcap Supremes soldered in for $58 for the matched pair. .....end of this story.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3