Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 10:53:46 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Glassware headphone amp project (Read 4419 times)
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Glassware headphone amp project
04/20/17 at 02:13:50

Not sure if I had posted anything as far as photos of the amp project that purchased from Tubeman, so here goes. Still not complete, but is up and running. I used an old ADS amp chassis that worked out perfectly. Even put SS mesh where the old heat sinks were, sine the amp needs good ventilation.

P4200002.JPG

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: Glassware headphone amp project
Reply #1 - 04/20/17 at 16:47:01

Looks nice!  I see what you did there.  :)

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #2 - 04/21/17 at 20:33:35

Thanks LR.

This has been quite a project just for finding a chassis to put this monster into. If I can get it running the way that I would like, then I would be eager to try different headphones with it. Still trying to decide on how I want to make a faceplate. A CNC machine would be glorious.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #3 - 05/06/17 at 07:02:49

I have so much to say about this project, will cut it short for now. Getting right to the point, I have nearly nailed down any issues that I have caused when I damaged the amp, and the repair was well worth it. Along the way, I added some of own Vishay output caps and things of that nature, and I have a suspicion that one of the 6 caps that I replaced was affected by the initial damage. Point being is that this by a good margin the best headphone amp that I have ever heard. I am no expert on amps, but I am an expert as to what I like to hear. A very solid full sound capable of any part of the frequency range. No nasties in the midrange, bass that is naturally bass sounding with harmonics, speed. And the list goes on. I wasn't sure that I would be a Grado fan, but with this amp, my opinion took a hard right turn. VERY nice. More later, less sooner

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #4 - 05/19/17 at 22:38:09

I am still in the making/finishing of this chassis. There is still a lot of work, and I chose to cut out a brass plate for the front.

P5200002.JPG

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print