Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 19:07:18 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
reply article what is sound (Read 3339 times)
tony ma
Verified Member

reply article what is sound
03/05/17 at 14:52:22

Thank Steve for inform me to read the article " What is sound " and I agree those are the basic knowledge for everyone in this hobby should know about especially for diyers when they approach a new project should think about why and how not only follow the design . but there are always have debate between measuring and listening for quality of sound and I will stand for listen side because transparency and emotion, sound stage etc. can't be measured although they will be judged in different sites and in very personal for coming out in different result ,still that is the final answer for the listener
tony ma

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Re: reply article what is sound
Reply #1 - 03/05/17 at 15:22:19

Ain't it the truth Tony.

Transparency, sound stage and emotion with tone and texture. All it needs to be for me. My System has Soul.

As Dr. Gizmo stated (and I paraphrase): "Go forth gifted Listener and not be daunted by any Solid State Weeny of measurement. They shall never hear or understand Tone and Texture."     Cool

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #2 - 03/05/17 at 15:32:27

Thanks Stone - any day that starts with a quote from Gizmo is gonna be a great day. He started my first tube venture way back in the early 80's. Still read his book and chuckle at the prose and passion. I wonder how Harvey and Steve would have gotten on. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #3 - 03/05/17 at 16:58:36

HDrider, no doubt about his prose and passion, wit, humor and genius. I miss him. His premature death......... . I planned to go to a Show, to met him in his headdress and kilt! I need to read some of my Listener Mag's...it has been awhile. Yeah, I wonder how Harvey and Steve would have related?  

I still point people to his site.....and it is up to them to wrap their brain around Harvey.
http://www.meta-gizmo.org/Tri/index-1.html

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall