Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 05:07:19 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can the stylus land in between tracks? (Read 607 times)
Rraymond
Seasoned Member

Can the stylus land in between tracks?
02/21/17 at 03:48:37

I sometimes will raise the arm on my TT to pause the music  in the middle of a song then lower it to resume. A couple of times now with this new TT with Denon 103r cartridge, when I've lowered it and the music sounds all scratchy for a revolution or two then it's seems to "jump in the groove" and everything is fine. Is what's happening that the stylus just so happens to land on the high ridge between the tracks and that's why I hear the scratchy sound for a bit and then it drops in the groove?  Or is there possibly something else going on?

Rick

Audion Silver Night Special Edition 300b integrated, Zu Soul Superfly speakers, Acoustic Solid TT with Denon 103 MC cart, PS Audio NuWave phono, Zu Event MKII speaker cables with BU3 connectors.
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: Can the stylus land in between tracks?
Reply #1 - 02/23/17 at 20:59:18

Not sure what's happening here Raymond but I would double check my tracking weight and anti-skate settings if that was happening on my table. Let us know what you find out, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Rraymond
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 02/23/17 at 21:19:28

Yeah Chris I did check the tracking weight and it was within specs but a bit on the heavy side so I backed it off to about 2.5 grams. It's only done this twice now, once before the adjustment and once after. I'm not quite sure how to adjust the antiskating but it was supposedly all checked out when I bought this a few months ago.
So I take it everyone plops the needle down in the middle of songs and has never had this happen?

Rick

Audion Silver Night Special Edition 300b integrated, Zu Soul Superfly speakers, Acoustic Solid TT with Denon 103 MC cart, PS Audio NuWave phono, Zu Event MKII speaker cables with BU3 connectors.
  IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/23/17 at 22:07:24

I had a similar scratchy noise issuse just like that that bugged me for some time. It turned out to be the body of the cart was too near the record, only giving the stylus minimum clearance. Kind of got tipped up a little. That was VTA and not tightening the collar of the arm stem enough.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #4 - 02/25/17 at 01:32:16

Raymond- I do remember when my Monster Alpha Genesis mc had the suspension fail and the bottom of the cartridge was riding on the record now that I think about it. I hope your table is playing beautiful music this weekend. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
jpv
Seasoned Member

Cause inside
everyone is a heavy
metal kid

Reply #5 - 02/27/17 at 17:29:58

Make sure the Cueing lever goes all the way down. I had to readjust mine for a diff cart. because the height changed.

VPI Scoutmaster, Grado Master3, Odyssey Candela Preamp and Suspiro phono preamp Counterpoint NP100 amp (modded by Altavista Audio), Goldenear Triton One speakers, CD240 CDP, Lots of room treatment. Anti-cable sp cables and IC, Decware IC, ZKit 1, ZDAC.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print