Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 06:45:22 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new highest level live concert master recording (Read 9312 times)
tony ma
Verified Member

new highest level live concert master recording
02/18/17 at 14:52:50

We just did a live concert recording on 11 Feb 2017, after listened to the master tape that recorded and found that is the highest quality level which we don't have before so far, because of two new elements added to our recording system makes it happen. 1, replaced a pair of NOS 1956 WE300B to the mic amp 2, use battery power supply for recording amp, and the resulted is live concert in your listening room. and the programme also very great with popular classic Beethoven violin sonata no.5 Hungarian dance no.5 Zigeunerweisen and encore ended with Meditation. this master dub will come out soon if you have tape play back system you should try this recording you will love it for sure
tony ma

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Re:  new highest level live concert master recording
Reply #1 - 02/19/17 at 08:44:21

Hi Tony,
Sounds pretty exciting.  How might I acquire said master tape?

Cheers,
Jeff

P.S. I sent you a PM a short while ago about direct playback head wiring on my TEAC R2R.  I would love to get your opinion on the matter.  

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
tony ma
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 02/19/17 at 14:36:32

Hi Jeff
Sorry about your PM, I tried to answer but it was error all the time my digital knowledge is poor, to fix HUM in a tape machine is a big problem every site are different, try to make your own cable twist two wire tie and wrap with aluminium foil and Teflon tape outside, 30 awg 4N silver wire will give you highest sound quality, I did this for my tone arm cable too without aluminium foil still work fine ( MC cart only 3 ohm ), low impedance head will help too.
audiophiles in today looking for tape because of the sound quality that vinyl don't have but high recording quality is the first issue , if just copy from digital or vinyl or other tape ( not master) will not be the point, transparency will down 10 to 50 % from the original in one copy depend the recording system quality, so make your own master or just listen to master dub is the right way
master tape means recorded from live, master dub selling in market is dubbed from production master ( first copy from real master) means third generation of master, most of old recording CD or vinyl also make from this generation except direct cut vinyl or digital recording format
to make production master needs two machine and the weaker lane is repro system, from comparison of transparency only will ready know the quality of all
enjoy your tape project
tony ma

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #3 - 02/20/17 at 21:33:20

Hi Tony,
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.  As far as the tape, where will it be sold?

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
tony ma
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 02/21/17 at 02:59:10

Jeff
you can order from Steve or you can visit our website Ultraanaloguerecordings.com, sample there can be listened and pick what music you like
tona ma

IP Logged
Ed Pong
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 03/18/17 at 15:38:26

Jeff, You can order these from the website:
www.ultraanaloguerecordings.com    under the "Set" Tatsuki & Yun-Yang

Please let me know if you have any questions!
Best
Edward Pong

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #6 - 03/26/17 at 04:02:50

Having just recently been fortunate enough to hear the product of this advancement I would just like to say I listened to it three times in a row, took a break to let it sink in and then spun it one more time before bed.

When I can find words to describe it I'll be writing more, but just wanted to confirm this is special. These guys are pushing the envelope well beyond the norm giving us some of IF not THE most pure direct to tape recordings ever made. (The solid silver signal paths, capacitors, and tubes themselves cost as much as a modest home and that doesn't include the tape machines themselves or the microphones). The effortless dynamics of these tapes leave you... breathless.  

WWW   IP Logged
tony ma
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 03/27/17 at 22:36:43

Thank Steve such kind of words to us, I would like to let people to know of power supply is so important to sound quality, maybe one can't test in their own system but they can hear the different from our new recording compare to the old one, a battery power supply is much better than a regulated voltage power supply
tony ma

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print