Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 17:25:26 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My brother thinks I'm crazy... (Read 3669 times)
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

My brother thinks I'm crazy...
02/02/17 at 15:10:57

So, my brother dropped by yesterday.  He knows I like guitars and audio.  However, he dropped by while I had cables everywhere and tubes everywhere.  Picture this.  I was on the floor, in my boxers and t-shirt, stacking little boxes of tubes.  The furniture was out of place because I was trying to clean up the power and cables.  

yeah, it was kind of sad, but kind of funny.

I may need help.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Re: My brother thinks I'm crazy...
Reply #1 - 02/02/17 at 15:20:42

I know Match, I get the same reaction from my brother and others, when they breach my Listening Room.

Yet, they will spend 30k+ on a Boat, they only use for 26 hours cumulatively....in July and August (and make payments all Winter).   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Makes them think?  I tell um', I hear and feel the tone and timbre of my Music....so I need my ZMA and associated Gear. It is a curse, I know. But, one I enjoy, like that Boat you enjoy.

But, one big difference: I enjoy my hobby for 700+ hours a year vs. your 26 hours of fun time on your boat?!  
Oh, and my 17k System is paid for. I like my return on investment pleasure.....better than yours!

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 02/02/17 at 15:30:38

Match,

I could have written the exact same post. It is a small group but we are both in it!

JD

IP Logged
Jasondw1971
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 02/04/17 at 04:19:11

LOL Grin.  Me too.  I get it from my wife.  Every time we move I re-arrange the furniture 3 or 4 times till it works right with my gear.  She thinks I'm crazy.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 02/04/17 at 14:41:18

This guy goes to a psychiatrist and he says, "Doc., my brother's crazy. He thinks he's a chicken." And the doctor says, "well why don't you turn him in?" And the guy says, "I would, but I need the eggs."

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print