SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Love UPS :(
01/19/17 at 19:13:11

Does anyone else HATE UPS!
I have never ending issues with them, from destroyed shipments left in the driveway in the snow and rain when I have a covered porch one step up, sure they didn't want to let me know they were there, to broken abused equipment etc.
Last week they changed my delivery date three times and it needed a signature, not cool.
Now this week they forgot one of the packages from a multiple package shipment at the station, whoops, that also needs someone home to sign for it. I am sure we all can take time from work whenever it suits us so this is no problem right.
At least we can call customer support and let them tell us repeatedly how sorry they are and then say it will be there between 7am and 7 pm tomorrow, good window. So my new turntable will be here today and tomorrow, YAY!
Sorry had to vent before my head exploded.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: Love UPS :(
Reply #1 - 01/19/17 at 20:13:43

Ugh, I hate that.  

I usually just have them hold the package at the Depot and go pick it up myself when I'm off work.

Or with Fed Ex, you can have them re-direct the package to your local Fed Ex/Kinkos store which is usually open much later.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/19/17 at 21:49:24

I like using FedEx. Have less problems with them. Last time I had 4 new tires shipped with UPS. I received 3 of them on Friday and then the last one on Monday. Kind of hard to drive a car with 3 tires. I was hoping to install them on the weekend but had to wait until the next weekend. All 4 were shipped at the same time. So I know your pain!

IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 01/20/17 at 00:36:11

fedex

CSP3 25yr, CAD 120s MKII, Sunfire Signature600, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Hana SL, JC3+, Schiit bifrost multibit, CXC, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands, OB Augies. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 & Dueland IC's,
  IP Logged
Rraymond
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 01/20/17 at 02:39:53

You just never know. I had FedEx deliver a 90 pound amp to my door and even though there were arrows on the box, they were pointing sideways. I signed for it and the guy said "whew, that's a heavy box". Needless to say the amp was damaged. So I don't think the carrier company matters, it just depends on how lucky you are with who is delivering/handling your stuff.

Rick

Audion Silver Night Special Edition 300b integrated, Zu Soul Superfly speakers, Acoustic Solid TT with Denon 103 MC cart, PS Audio NuWave phono, Zu Event MKII speaker cables with BU3 connectors.
  IP Logged
Jeff1

Reply #5 - 01/20/17 at 02:45:12

Sounds like you ave a sucky driver. My driveway is so steep and twisty Ups doesn't even drive up it. He parks on a side street and walks in through the woods. You do have options. If you are close to a UPS store you can redirect your shipment there. You can create an account and authorize leaving without signature and for 8 bucks narrow the window to 2 hours. Bit of a hassle but it does give you some control.

PI Audio Uberbuss, Esoteric K05X, ELF gold Interconnect, TabooMK4,ZMF Silver Michanikos, ZMF Atrium Closed Back.
  IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #6 - 01/20/17 at 11:46:04

I have an account but there was no signature release allowed for these packages. The station is a 1 hour drive through the canyon, I live in the mountains of Colorado, and they would not allow me to upgrade for a time window. My wife spoke with the driver yesterday when the first package came and he said call the 800 number, jackass.

IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 01/20/17 at 12:42:39

I tip my UPS guy every Christmas and the service I receive is impeccable. He even has my phone number and will call me when necessary.
Nothing worse than worrying about an expensive delivery. Now the US postal service...still trying to get them to redeliver some tubes they have been slow in redelivering.

JD

IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 01/20/17 at 14:13:41

as LR said.... i like the hold at fedex location option.  pick it up at your leisure, it's not out bouncing around on a truck, and wont get left on porch in snow/rain.

i do this 100% of time with my Sota tables.  never a problem.
figure it's one less variable in the shipping equation.

CSP3 25yr, CAD 120s MKII, Sunfire Signature600, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Hana SL, JC3+, Schiit bifrost multibit, CXC, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands, OB Augies. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 & Dueland IC's,
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #9 - 02/01/17 at 03:51:08

The problem with UPS or any other delivery service isn't the drivers as much as what happens at the hubs.  I have lost tens of thousands of dollars to UPS since 1996 protecting our customers from their BS.  What irritates me is that once a company like UPS or Microsoft or any other gets a certain size they can take a F.U. attitude towards customer satisfaction and get away with it. Customer service takes on a different meaning. In the end this behavior is rewarded with insane amounts of money.  

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #10 - 02/01/17 at 17:58:20

Steve

Well said.
I just had this same conversation with my wife, stating what you said pretty much word for word.

IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 02/01/17 at 20:03:13

I prefer to call Doug at IPS.

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #12 - 02/01/17 at 20:09:15

Good one Match....at least they only target practice with staplers while waiting to go out on there runs...

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
rlj
Verified Member

Reply #13 - 02/02/17 at 02:26:56

I too prefer FedEx.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print