03/29/24 at 07:00:17 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My current setup (Read 13510 times)
Jasondw1971
Verified Member

My current setup
01/19/17 at 05:44:03

Not yet a Decware setup.  Just waiting on my CSP3 for a pre-amp to the Adcom 5500 that powers the Vandersteen 3A sig's.  It will replace the Dark Voice 336se, with Tung-sol 5998 and WE 2C51 tubes that I use as a pre-amp meow.  The Triangle Comete's are powered by a Mapleshade HH Scott LK-48.  Speaker cable, interconnects, stands and iso platforms, are all Mapleshade, and power cords are Pangea.

In the future (if Im happy with the CSP3) Id like to replace the HH Scott with a SE84UFO and replace the ADcom 5500 with a TORII MK4 or ZMA.  That's after my wallet recovers from the Vandersteen and CSP3 purchases. Shocked

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: My current setup
Reply #1 - 01/19/17 at 17:27:25

Really nice looking setup!  Yeah, go for the ZMA...when you can swing it! LOL

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Jasondw1971
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 01/21/17 at 04:55:14

The only reason I'm thinking ZMA is because Vandersteens seem to require a lot of power to function correctly.  I wonder if there is anyone on the forums that's in the Vegas area with Decware amps that I could listen too.

IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #3 - 01/21/17 at 16:12:52

Not Vegas but if your ever in Colorado I would be happy to let you or anyone in our Decware family for that matter stop in and share in some listening.

IP Logged
Rraymond
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 01/21/17 at 16:43:47

Great looking setup and I love the heavy chunks of wood under each piece.

Rick

Audion Silver Night Special Edition 300b integrated, Zu Soul Superfly speakers, Acoustic Solid TT with Denon 103 MC cart, PS Audio NuWave phono, Zu Event MKII speaker cables with BU3 connectors.
  IP Logged
Jasondw1971
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 01/24/17 at 02:12:02

I appreciate the feedback guys.  This weekend I moved the Vandy's further apart, and moved the Triangles to the inside on the Vandy's.  What a difference in soundstage.  Slowly but surely I'm getting close to that sound Iv been chasing for 19 years.

Rraymond, I didn't think a block of wood under my equipment would make that much of a difference, but WOW!  Was I wrong.  Done right with solid maple and brass cones, its a huge difference with tube gear and turntables.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #6 - 01/31/17 at 17:24:23

Quote:
Rraymond, I didn't think a block of wood under my equipment would make that much of a difference, but WOW!  Was I wrong.  Done right with solid maple and brass cones, its a huge difference with tube gear and turntables.

That's great to hear!  I've been meaning to reach out to a local tree service that sells the "rounds", and seeing if they can source me a few 3" thick maple rounds that are 24" across. I can find oak easily, maple, not so much.  (I use the oak as axe throwing targets  ;D  )

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Jasondw1971
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 02/09/17 at 05:42:40

Try Dawns Depot.  Its the cheapest 3 inch maple I've found.  $115ish.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print