Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 01:23:43 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Power Plant; how much space is needed? (Read 3476 times)
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Power Plant; how much space is needed?
01/14/17 at 01:35:57

Can I put a P3, let's say, on the bottom shelf of my audio rack?  Will it overheat?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Power Plant; how much space is needed?
Reply #1 - 01/14/17 at 01:42:12

No. They're actually pretty cool running and the P3 I believe has a fan. Won't overheat at all. I have had a Power Plant Premier, a P5 and now a P10 on the bottom of my audio rack, no problem.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/14/17 at 04:59:04

May not matter in your case...but I ruled out a P3 because I needed to tone down voltage here as well as wanting power filtering. With the P3, the main, higher power outlet is filtered only, no regeneration. The rest of the outlets are regenerated, so voltage controllable.

Being completely regenerated, I went with an open box P5. As it has turned out, voltage adjustment has been more useful than just regulating it down. As a tuning tool, you can change the sound of your Decware amps with voltage. Notch it up a bit and the sound is denser and more powerful...down a bit and it is more open.

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 01/14/17 at 06:06:02

Yikes, will, another thing to contend with.

HAHAHAHA

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 01/14/17 at 12:25:30

Ok, yesterday or maybe earlier, someone had posed a question about what to buy for power regeneration.  I can't find the post so I'm commenting here.  If Power "Regeneration" is really needed, the PS Audio products are well liked here and receive good reviews but if "Conditioning" is what's required, I would suggest looking into the Running Springs Audio line of conditioners.  I have a "Jaco" in my main system and a "Haley" in my second system.  This brand was recommended to me by a fellow site member who was very helpful when I was getting started several years ago, Mike B. from Seattle, Washington.  I did a lot of reading about these conditioners and can say I'm very pleased with my purchases.  As with much of my gear, I don't have comparisons to other products because I came back to "Hi Fi" after being out of it for many years....the last gear I'd bought was from the 80's and early 90's.  Anyway, if considering Power Conditioning, you owe it to yourself to read about Running Springs history and wonderful products.  Mark.

PS...If you intend to buy on the used market, I would suggest you get one with the carbon face.  Not because of cosmetics but because an internal upgrade was also made with this cosmetic change.  I bought the Haley new when I missed buying a used one from an audiogon seller.  He offered to sell me one direct from the factory for a little more.  The Jaco I got for $1400 with a Mongoose Power Cord...there are great deals for those who are patient.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print