Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/16/24 at 06:31:10 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: 30 Day Trial and Multiple Items Ordered (Read 7000 times)
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Re: 30 Day Trial and Multiple Items Ordered
12/24/16 at 12:39:42

understand your concern but...

probably just need to call steve/sarah and tell them your concern.  sure they'll be reasonable.  

and i am pretty sure you'll end up keeping them anyway Smiley

so sit back and relax, it'll be worth the wait.

CSP3 25yr, CAD 120s MKII, Sunfire Signature600, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Hana SL, JC3+, Schiit bifrost multibit, CXC, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands, OB Augies. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 & Dueland IC's,
  IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #1 - 12/24/16 at 12:54:19

Robem,

While it's usually the other way around, amp comes first and speaker were a few weeks behind, that is exactly how DeVon used to handle it.

So no need to worry!

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Robem
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 12/24/16 at 16:53:37

Thanks guys,

I've talked with DeVon once about a billing question that I had and I also spoke with Steve once on the phone with regards to my selections of products, however.... I've struggled to get answers to my other questions that I have. I've emailed in a few times now and haven't received a response to any of them. While my experience may be unique in this regard I still have questions that remain unanswered and I feel that having the specifics documented in this forum might help any future buyers so that they don't have to email and wait for a response that may never be received.

As an example Zygi, I never received a response from you about spike thread sizes. Sarah and Steve also have emails that they haven't replied to. Plus, Sarah has a voicemail that was never returned.

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #3 - 12/24/16 at 20:19:07

Robem,

The threads are 1/4-20 for the spike inserts.

Sort of my bad on the e-mail. My decware e-mail has something wrong with it, not being able to send or receive. I need Steve''s help with it, but  knew I needed a new iMac for the shop, so I haven't bothered him with it until I get the new one  set up and running.

I'm usually pretty good at answering my e-mail as I get just a few compared to Steve and his inbox...

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Robem
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 12/25/16 at 02:56:17

Zygi, I worked that one out (1/4 20) by myself by seeing your posts on DIY build forums. It would be best if questions were answered directly though rather than having to research specifiications on other forums.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #5 - 12/25/16 at 05:50:24

Hi Robem,

I re-checked my email carefully and can find only two items from you.  One is the customer appreciation list sign up email and more recently an order for the SE34I.5.  I am very committed to answering emails and despite having over 16,000 on my machine, if you don't hear from me within a week it usually because I didn't see the email. Or the email form's send button wasn't pressed, or a computer somewhere in the complex internet chain farted, not because I don't care enough to read and answer emails in a timely fassion.

Despite having the best servers in New York with the largest bandwidth and redundancy the very fact that we have been in business for 20 years on the internet has actually created millions of hacking attempts on our email address over that time. Sadly many servers have blocked email from our ISP's and recently we had an issue with security updates that effected both Bob and Sarah's email addresses causing almost 4 weeks to become iced.

Short of changing our domain name from decware.com to something else AND moving it to another country, this is the reward for being in business on the internet with the same email addresses for 20 years.

I appreciate this opportunity to as you say, make it easy for others to understand, because you're right, God knows how many people have similar experiences and assume we just don't give a shit.

WWW   IP Logged
ZENCDUSER

Reply #6 - 12/25/16 at 06:16:46

Would like to hear your impressions of the DNA once you have everything together!  

One thing some folks do (to include me!) is to keep on hand a cheap (less than $50) solid state AM/FM receiver from the 70's or 80's to serve as a break-in mule for speakers and/or speaker cables.    That way you can break-in/burn-in those components without burning through tubes.  In your case, you can be on the way towards eliminating one variable (the speaker break-in) while waiting for the amp.

IP Logged
Robem
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 12/25/16 at 06:25:08

Thanks Steve,

I know you care and I wasn't trying to insinuate otherwise, the nature of the web and instant communications over the Internet maybe makes our expectations for a reply unreasonable. I would very much rather receive a email from you that is "hand written" as a response than one that comes from an auto-reply system. Plus, I get it about the struggles of having a 20 year old domain name..... for a living you do speakers and amps, I do emails and computer networks.

Absolutely my own fault here though is that I don't like posting on public forums. I read/rewrite/read again/rewrite again over and over and for the most part ultimately end up deleting my post, it's a self conscious thing that I have that I would prefer to be in email form rather than forum post.

Let's see how long this post stays here.

All the best to you Steve and family, seasons greetings!

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #8 - 12/25/16 at 13:57:28

Robem- Welcome to the forum and happy listening when you amp arrives. Steve, Decware and all the people on this forum have been amazingly helpful through out our journey. I have posted quite a few questions/comments and no one has been snarky here. We love our system and I love interacting with everyone here. Merry Christmas, happy listening and keep us posted when your Rachael lands. Chris

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #9 - 12/28/16 at 23:26:45

remember you are dealing with a small "family" business.  there are pro's and con's to that - I say the pro's far outweigh the con's.  And can you imagine how many emails they get per day?

I have been a Decwarian since late 2012.  I too have trouble with email and Decware - but I know for a fact that it is not all their fault, because Steve has "spent time" on the phone with me trying to figure out what's going on.  For whatever reason, my ISP that provides my email, just won't let some Decware email through, regardless of whether or not I have it listed as "trusted", etc.  Last time the need arose, I was able to exchange emails with Steve's own address though.

that said, if I really need to talk to someone, I just keep calling till I get a person on the other end of the line.  They are busy, but it usually doesn't take more than 2 or 3 tries.  And a phone conversation is like, orders of magnitude, more effective at actually achieving good communication and understanding.  Be patient, your reward will be excellent service and extraordinary high quality sound and products... as soon as your spot in the queue comes up.  

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print