Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/23/24 at 09:25:23 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sound quality difference between the UFO & UFO2? (Read 6740 times)
HIFI JEFF
Verified Member

Sound quality difference between the UFO & UFO2?
12/22/16 at 00:44:52

I was just wondering about the sound quality difference between the two? I currently own the UFO but like the fact I can get the balanced inputs and, I simply like the way the UFO2 looks with the gauges and of course the custom bases are beautiful. I was actually contemplating selling mine to get the UFO2.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Sound quality difference between the UFO & UFO2?
Reply #1 - 08/24/17 at 01:25:54

A popular question for sure.  There is no sonic difference between the two amps, they are the same parts and circuit.  The chassis is of course different, the meters are a nice touch and the option to have XLR balanced inputs are the only differences in the current production.

-Steve

WWW   IP Logged
ZENTISH
Verified Member

Re: Sound quality difference between the UFO & UFO
Reply #2 - 06/05/19 at 22:45:47

What about the difference between the UFO and a UFO2 with bypass mod?
Its my understanding that the UFO cannot accept the bypass mods? Is this correct? I have a pair of Selects from 2001(V-Caps, Hazen mod) and I'm considering selling them and buying a pair of UFO's, or sending mine in and having UFO transformers installed. But if they can't fit the bypass mod because of not enough room in the UFO or my selects, I will have to buy the UFO2's. All of these these options are different prices (UFO mod on my Selects $600,2 new UFO $2200, or UFO2's with bypass mods $3400)! I'm having trouble making a decision between these options, partly because I cannot imagine my Selects sounding any better! But reading reviews on this forum has convinced me that this is possible!

Thanks in advance for ANY help, TISH
PS I am running two amps thats why the prices are doubled.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #3 - 06/06/19 at 01:35:04

The bypass mods and the UFO mods are available for all Zen amps, including your pair of Selects.

WWW   IP Logged
ZENTISH
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 06/06/19 at 02:58:44

Hi Steve, Thank you for the info!    Well that settles it, I'm going to send my Selects in for both the UFO and bypass mods!       The confusion came from looking at the UFO Zens in the cart and not seeing the option for the bypass mods, only the output caps.      I already have V-Caps in them so I will leave them alone.
Thanks again, TISH

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print