Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 22:06:59 

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Forum Member Locations (Read 103505 times)
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Re: Forum Member Locations
Reply #100 - 01/16/23 at 17:39:08

Beautiful Lon. A winter wonderland. Jealous of the snow. It only snows here once a winter, if even that. Supposed to be 70 here today. We can literally go from 30 to 70 in one day here in the Deep South.

Christmas Day it was 17 with a high of 28. Two days later it was 68. That is also why we can have tornadic weather this time of year.

Best,

Geno

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #101 - 01/16/23 at 17:52:26

Oh I know how it can be, lived in central Texas 33 years, Texas likes to think it's the West, but more than anything it's the South. In Austin we could get snow every five years or so, but more often we would get ice storms, which aren't exactly as much fun. And we could go from 17 the odd day every three or four years to 50 the next day in the dead of winter, and 70 a few days later. But most of the time too hot for a "Yankee" that can't afford full house AC (my plight the first ten years or so).

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #102 - 01/16/23 at 18:21:13

I’m about 13 miles south of Pittsburgh. As for deer, we’ve got a deer rut, literally a rut 10’ from our house. When the actual rut occurs it gets busy. The highlight is when two bucks come together and fight it out. Can last quite some time. In the yard behind us we get annual “meetings” where up to 20 of them gather and prance around, usually when we get that ONE sunny day during the winter.

Mofi StudioDeck, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #103 - 01/16/23 at 19:09:21

I live near Turtlecreek made famous by Chuck Berry, though it seems we have a problem with aggressive giant green parrots.

crazy poems funny

KEF LS50 wireless 2 w/KC62 sub
Analog Ethos select series 2a3>Klipsch Forte IV
Dennis Had Inspire 6FLV-v>Decware T6
Shanling STP10>JBL N26
Dennis Had 300PSE>Decware DNA 2
IPad mini>Audio Quest Dragonfly cobalt>Focal Clear
Willsenton R300>Bose 601 series I
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #104 - 01/16/23 at 20:45:41

BlackBess, small world, I grew up in Penn Hills right over the hill.

Mofi StudioDeck, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Reply #105 - 01/21/23 at 00:19:41

Fort Payne, AL in the mountains of the northeastern edge of the state.

IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #106 - 01/22/23 at 05:59:53

Catalina Mountain foothills, north and east of Tucson, AZ. For now.

IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #107 - 02/20/23 at 16:31:41

Not sure if location is a good idea on the internet.. Smiley Using code names.  

_05A3944-8vh.jpg
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #108 - 03/03/23 at 16:54:56

Screenshot_2023-03-03_at_09-55-31_Raising_Arizona_-_Code_Names.png
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #109 - 08/01/23 at 14:58:25

Any members located in the Seattle or Vancouver area? Going there for a summer vacation. Any sightseeing tips or suggestions welcome!

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #110 - 08/01/23 at 18:01:34

I recently moved from Washington to Illinois, plenty familiar with Seattle and Vancouver.  What do you like to do?
There is an excellent hifi shop in Gig Harbor that includes sofas and a bar...  even if you're not buying anything.  Good opportunity to listen and compare the Line Magnetic stuff.

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #111 - 08/01/23 at 18:05:29

Taking the ferry from Seattle to Victoria is always a good time IMO. I'm an unrepentant Anglophile and enjoy tea at the Empress, although I haven't actually done that in several years.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #112 - 08/02/23 at 03:12:54

I second CAJames recommendation, Victoria is lovely, as are the ferries.
Late summer and fall are great times to take scenic Highway 20 through North Cascades National Park and visit the Methow Valley (Mazama, Winthrop, and Twisp).
Leavenworth is a popular destination, too. A German style village tucked in the mountains, with many higher end food and drink options.
A bit of a jaunt, but if you are into wine Osoyoos and Okanogan are the Napa Valley of Canada.
Then of course there’s the Olympic Peninsula… you could spend your whole time there and not possibly see it all.
Avoiding a political discussion, I wouldn’t focus much on Seattle, maybe one day downtown at most. The Burke Museum has a fantastic collection and good history of the area.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #113 - 08/02/23 at 07:48:04

Thanks guys—-just arrived a couple of hours ago.  We plan to chill in Seattle proper for just a day and then plan to hit North Cascades National Park for a full day and then Mt. Rainier National Park the following day before we drive to Vancouver for 2 days and then we come back to spend two nights in Port Angeles to cover Olympic National park before heading back to Seattle for a day before we fly back out to the East coast.

I will take a close look at the Victoria Ferry option—thanks for the rec! The Hifi shop at Gig Harbor sounds tempting but the implicit agreement for the summer vacay was no Hifi, which is easy considering my rig is thousands of miles away.  The only hifi time for the next ten days will be spent on this forum living vicariously through you guys!

And yes, the weather is gorgeous here!  

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Paul2

Second Hand Rose

Reply #114 - 08/02/23 at 08:47:43

Missing Vancouver Island and the ferry ride would be the vacation mistake of a lifetime!

Also, High tea at that grand old hotel is a must!

Roon Nucleus, Eversolo A6 ME, ZRock, CSP, SE84 UFO, TubeTots
Small treated room
  IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #115 - 08/02/23 at 09:00:17

Hey Kamran,

I agree with all the suggestions listed, and I would add that a drive over the bridge at Deception Pass in beautiful, clear weather is spectacular. Doesn't sound like you will have time for that this trip, but worth noting if you come back.

Happy travels,
Randy

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #116 - 08/02/23 at 10:55:14

Hey Kamran it seems your plans in the north west area are well planned. We did the Olympic NP loop in one long day with enough time to do short hikes in each of the ecosystems the park offers. Eating a good breakfast before start, packing a lunch, and carry plenty of water and snacks saved us time. The Cascades is an amazing drive through some rugged conifer laddened mountains. Just breathtaking. Mt. Rainer offers some great views of glass smooth lakes with the mountain in the backdrop giving great photo opertunities. We did not do to much in Seattle other than drive by and observed the Space Needle. Get a six pack of Mt. Rainer beer and a few pounds of Washington cherries to complete your stay. Have a great time!
John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #117 - 08/02/23 at 11:19:50

One suggestion Kamran.
Visit this guy and pick up some Silver 8s for me.
https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1689826948
Grin

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #118 - 08/02/23 at 17:40:31

Thanks for tips on the NP John.  We have been predominantly a city scapes focused fam but this time we made a concerted effort to focus more on the on the outdoors and the PNW area has so much to offer in that regard!  So short of it it is, lot’s to do and not enough time.  Story of our lifetime eh?

That said, we are trying to figure out this whole Ferry thing.  We are driving to Vancouver in 3 days time and Victoria can be accessed via ferry from there too and more cheaply, plus we will have to go through the whole immigration thing once.

IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #119 - 08/02/23 at 18:35:09

The Bill Reid museum and gallery in Vancouver is very good if you're in to that sort of thing.
https://www.billreidgallery.ca/

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #120 - 08/03/23 at 04:22:53

Mannytheseacow: Thanks for the rec—I’ll see if I can swing it while in Vancouver (and potentially renege on my promise to kids about no more museums—lol).

John—forgot to acknowledge your Lii Audio request—-LOL—if you both finalized the deal and I was driving back with space to spare, I’d pick them up in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, flying restricts available space.  We were already pretty much full capacity with our checked baggage on our way here— so have to be even careful with our own souvenir shopping.

But—you’ll appreciate this. You know my appreciation for artisan coffee and being in Seattle feels like being a kid in a candy store.  Happened to come across the following roastery and couldn’t resist.  Made me think of you!

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #121 - 08/03/23 at 08:37:49

It was a rhetorical request. That guy joined the forum after buying those items up for sale. Lii obviously did not pan out for him. He won't accept PayPal other then Friends & Family funds because of IRS reporting issues. IRS does not see personal items sold at a loss as taxable. My guess is he don't want to be bothered with an addition form at the end of the year. Really just a couple more buttons to press. I don't feel comfortable sending money with no recourse if things didn't pan out.
Hope you tried some of the coffee.
Have a great unforgettable trip with the family!
Best
John

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #122 - 08/07/23 at 06:42:06

Five wooden statues of the Rat Pack + MM at Miners Landing Seattle Pier

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #123 - 08/08/23 at 04:17:53

Thanks for the rec to visit Victoria by Ferry. We ended up taking it from Vancouver. Much cheaper, though it takes another 45 min by bus from the ferry terminal to get to the tourist area.

Didn’t realize Victoria was home to Canada’s oldest Chinatown, which hosts the worlds 5th most narrowest alley—Fan Tan Alley. And who would’ve thunk it—right in the heart of Chinatown, in the belly of the worlds narrowest alley, we fiound a record store! I’m telling you..music/audio just continues to follow me!

image uploader

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #124 - 08/11/23 at 04:53:12

Flying back—great memorable vacay with the fam. Thanks for all the recs!

Can’t believe how much I missed the rig. Looking forward to warming it up as soon as I get home. I had unplugged the ZR2 and rest of the source gear was on standby mode.

IP Logged
Rensselaer
Verified Member

Reply #125 - 10/06/23 at 12:32:46

I live in Norfolk, U.K….anyone near me have a Sarah I could listen to?

IP Logged
travel250
Verified Member

Reply #126 - 01/03/24 at 18:31:15

Dover, OH

Decware: SE34I.5 (2) mono | CSP325 w/ZAFP | DNA2
Thorens TD124 > SME 3009 Improved > Shure V15 Type III
TEAC A2300S r2r
Cambridge DUO
Yamaha WXC-50
Timbernation 3 shelf Audio Table
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #127 - 01/03/24 at 19:57:40

Still.. not tellin'  [smiley=wink.gif] from front deck

_05A4682-3t_001.jpg
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #128 - 03/21/24 at 19:08:34

and one from back porch

out_back.jpg
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #129 - 03/22/24 at 03:55:26

Just amazing Mike.  I have this desire to go on an audio road trip and your place would be amazing to visit, not just for the music, but for the sheer natural beauty!

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #130 - 03/23/24 at 10:23:30

One of the most amazing bicycle rides that I done was down Going-to-the-Sun road. Tigh winding road banked with sheer walls of granite while over looking amazing vistas with roaring fast flowing falls. Other then bitching cold winters and literally a big sky,  that is the best recall I have of Montana.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print