Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 23:39:05 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Secret Decware Speaker Offering Coming Soon.... (Read 81864 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Secret Decware Speaker Offering Coming Soon....
11/25/16 at 05:51:16

Just a note to say that we are now auditioning what is likely to be a very popular new speaker on the decware website.

This new speaker is the genius of Omega Loudspeakers and is faster than even the most aggregate horn speakers... this is because it uses two of the worlds best four inch drivers with dynamic accelerations that even my direct coupled full range electrostatic speakers can't compete with.

Over the Christmas holidays we will be doing many in depth evaluations of these speakers as we try to wrap our heads around what they do, so that we can write a web page that accurately describes them for you.  I can already say, however, that I don't have a speaker with higher dynamic acceleration than these, and in fact I can safely say that even the majority of the main stream audiophiles have never heard anything anywhere near this speed even in systems exceeding $100 grand.

Even though the speakers will no doubt cost more than the amplifier due to their difference in size, the final paring will demonstrate rather clearly what the Omega / Decware synergy is all about.  Every speaker Omega makes sound great with Decware amplifiers, but these new speakers push the envelope in the same way the UFO output transformers pushed the envelope for the amplifiers ~ and the combination of the two is sure to set a new benchmark.

Keep your eye on the speaker section of the web site.

WWW   IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: Secret Decware Speaker Offering Coming Soon....
Reply #1 - 11/25/16 at 19:00:02

You have my interest!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 11/25/16 at 19:11:16

My guess is that is a new 1.5 way High Output Super 3 Speaker from Omega (possibly 2 AlNiCo 4" RS5 drivers?).  The other high output speakers from Omega are clocking in at 97-99dB efficient and 4 ohms, which seems like it would be the perfect mate for THE Zen amp.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #3 - 11/25/16 at 19:51:30

It will be nice to follow the development of these. If made to run with my UFO2 and ZMA.... .

Note: You can run a 2 watt Zen Amp to moderate and even loud levels, in my case with my modified Adagio's....with excellent transparency and resolution. If I couldn't, I would own some sort of slightly higher efficient Speakers.

I personally don't like hi eff. Speakers.... But I keep giving them a shot to impress me.

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/25/16 at 22:10:12

Stone, that's interesting that you don't like high efficiency speakers.  I had never considered the rating of loudspeakers until I bumped into Decware so long ago.  These days, it is the first thing I look for when I consider something new.  Next, I check for the frequency span.  If they don't get down to the low 30s then I pass it by.

Before I knew about Decware I had Vandersteen in my crosshairs but after Decware I knew Vandersteen would never fly.

IP Logged
HIFI JEFF
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 11/26/16 at 05:45:19

I have a pair of Omega Supercharged 3XRS's and I can tell you that those speakers matched with the SuperZen SE84UFO is SUPER special!  I can only imagine what dual RS5 drivers would sound like! Efficiency would go up to around 98-99DBs and drop the speaker down to a 4ohm load which I heard the Decware loves!

IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 11/27/16 at 00:32:48

I checked out the Omega website.  The loudspeaker specs are impressive.  However, they aren't very pleasing to the eye, in my opinion.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #7 - 11/27/16 at 02:00:31

Yeah Matchstikman, not pretty is correct. Maybe some different veneers would help.
The 1.5 open baffle/ported box looks interesting. I'm wondering what the QTS of the driver is, seeing how there is a big difference of what is required for both applications? Maybe I need to read up on that.
Perhaps a new project for Christmas break??
I'd try to make mine prettier, there is still some Red Gum veneer waiting to be used rolled up in my fortified bunker.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
pursuitofnow
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 11/27/16 at 02:29:15

I'm pretty excited about these and so close to purchasing. Walnut or Teak for me. To each their own, but I think they look great.

VPI Classic Signature | Koetsu Urushi Black | Bob's Sky 20 | ZP3 | Swiss Digital Fuse Box
DirectStream DAC (APS nickel transformers, Vocm mod)
ZTPRE | ZBIT | ZROCK2 | SE84UFO3
Omega Super 3 HO XRS | Deep 8
Zenwave D4 | PCR-11 | PI Audio Uberbuss
---
ZR 3
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 11/27/16 at 02:52:22

I think my preference would be Ebony.  See reference below:

http://omegaloudspeakers.com/superalnicohigh1.html

Does anyone know if the new speakers will be the standard RS5 driver or maybe a new AlNiCo?

IP Logged
pursuitofnow
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 11/27/16 at 03:22:18

The link you shared are the 6" alnico hemp cones. The RS5 (4.5") cone looks like the ones posted above.

VPI Classic Signature | Koetsu Urushi Black | Bob's Sky 20 | ZP3 | Swiss Digital Fuse Box
---
ZR 3
  IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 11/27/16 at 03:35:57

The reference was for the Ebony veneer, but I am still wondering about a new 4" AlNiCo RS5 driver.  I think this has come up on the forum in the past.

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #12 - 11/27/16 at 05:20:52

Matchstickman.... I totally agree.  Before my Decware days, I always had less efficient speakers, and a more powerful amp to drive them. I would incorporate a sub to "rock the house" so to speak.  But that system was mainly utilized for movies and surround sound.  Not critical listening.  

Now... utilizing more efficient speakers that sing with less power pushing them is the way to go.  I still utilize my powered sub with an active crossover.... but its tuned only to to hit the really low frequencies, so that way my main speakers can be the stars of the show.  

Playing the guitar since I was a kid helped me open up my musical ears.  When I hear a recording, I love to figure out how many instruments I can hear, and how many overlays the track consist of.  If you don't have a nicely matched system, then all you will hear is smear.  

Right now all I am missing is my Decware amp, but I have to hold off until after my house is redone.  Depending on my listening room and setup will determine whether I will go with the Torii MKIV or the ZMA.  

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 11/27/16 at 13:29:43

Just read this thread.  My guess is that the speaker Steve is listening to is the new "Super Alinco High Output"....made as a floor stander or Monitor.  I'm sure they're great.  Mark.

PS...I have one of Luis' experiments...it is a Super 7XRS with the same dimensions as this new speaker only it's 32" tall, not 38.  It has a no longer made Alinco version of the RS7 driver in it. So he must have liked the result of the narrower and deeper cabinets, unlike his usual wider baffle and less deep cabinets.  I also have an older model of the Super Alinco XRS with the 6.5" Alinco Hempcone Drivers.  I haven't listened to either pair in quite a while.

http://omegaloudspeakers.com/superalnicohigho.html

http://omegaloudspeakers.com/omegaoemdrivers.html

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 11/27/16 at 13:52:55

thats what i was thinking too mark.

CSP3 25yr, CAD 120s MKII, Sunfire Signature600, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Hana SL, JC3+, Schiit bifrost multibit, CXC, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands, OB Augies. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 & Dueland IC's,
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 11/27/16 at 14:08:43

Yup, I'll be interested in Steve's impressions.  I won't be buying anymore speakers, just curious.  Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 11/27/16 at 14:09:54

Steve's post says 4 inch drivers.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 11/27/16 at 14:12:14

Yeah, I just saw that so it has two of these drivers maybe...the RS5 found in the 3 series speakers.

IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 11/29/16 at 22:01:17

I'm very curious about this. I've been researching a second set of speakers for a couple years and Omega is at the top of my list. I know that at their price point the 3xrs are hard to beat.  Farther up their chain I've read that Alnico drivers are awesome but pricey but I've never heard them. Can anyone speak to or about Alnico drivers being too forward? I feel like I've read that before also.

JD

IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #19 - 11/30/16 at 04:19:18

I have a friend who owns HDT's that recently stole a pair of Omega 3xrs' off local Craigslist.  He brought them over and we put them in my system, and drove them with my Torii.  A-m-a-z-i-n-g  little speakers the 3XRS' are!  They have every bit of the micro dynamics, speed and resolution of the best crossover-less, high-efficiency, wide-banders I've ever heard.

My monster Trio OB's with two 15" Augie's and a 15" Audio Nirvana full-ranger per side can play louder and have more quantity of bass and go lower in the bass - but they should.  But other than that, the little 3XRS' have all the speed and rez of the big boys.  The Omega's threw a big image/soundstage too.  Seemed more holographic also, of which, I'm sure at least part of that impression was "psycho-acoustic"..... Wink

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 11/30/16 at 14:22:36

The specs on the Omega 3XRS say they only go down to 40hz which to me says a subwoofer may be required.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #21 - 11/30/16 at 16:33:52

Look forward to following Steve's thread on these. As I did for the ZMA, May through October 2013..... .

Two four inch Omega's and will see how low he can get them. Maybe, utilizing an transmission line. I like my quick impulse response of my Adagio's T Lines.

Fun! Totally enjoyed the ZMA development thread. Steve's Omega will be no less intriguing to follow, I bet.  Saving my sheckles.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #22 - 11/30/16 at 18:27:51

regarding the Omega 3XRS' stated low frequency extension - I would say "subjectively" they don't even make it to 40hz - at least not in the abnormally large listening space my rig is in.  But this is a very abnormal environment and it takes a ton of air movement to pressurize the room.  However, in the frequency range the Omega's do present, it is pristine and spot-on for rez, life, realism, tonality, blah, blah, blah.  I think my buddy only gave 4 Father Franklin's for them - a steal any way you slice it.  We did "augment" the 3XRS with my OB Augie's after we'd listened to them solo for awhile and that definitely put a major foundation under them and was a major improvement.  I think I could live with those 3XRS' and a pair of OB Augie's to fill in the bottom for a long time and not want for much.

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #23 - 11/30/16 at 19:28:35

The Super 7XRS mk2 that are sitting in our living room are the pair that Louis now uses on his website photo. The sound, construction, finish of them is very well done. I have them matched to a Deep 8 sub that reinforces just the very very bottom and energizes the room as needed (think Moog Bass pedal ala Genesis, Yes) but when listening to most music the sound is just fast, detailed, 3-D and so engaging. I really wanted the Decware Monoliths but the finish on the bass module wasn't going to happen in this room. I am glad to see my favorite two audio houses working together on this project. I cannot recommend this combo any higher. Day in and day out magic happens. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #24 - 12/09/16 at 03:22:54

I will have at least one good teaser photo of these new speakers that I can post this weekend so stay tuned Smiley

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Tal
Seasoned Member

Reply #25 - 12/09/16 at 07:12:20

Cheesy

SE84UFO2 25A mods x2, ZP3 25A mods, CSP3 25A mods, ZRock2 25A mods, Rega P3-24 Incognito tonearm rewire and Groovetracer mods, Bob's Devices SUT > ZP3, Denafrips Pontus + Hermes, Bluesound streamer, Zu Soul VI, Omega DeepOmega8 sub,
  IP Logged
flargosa

Reply #26 - 12/09/16 at 14:56:28

Guys, how is the sweet spot of single driver speakers compared to multi driver speakers?  Is the high frequency spread(listening area coverage) about the same as tower speakers with tweeters?

Sources: 2Qute, Hugo 2, Rega P5, Marantz SACD 8005.
Amps: Decware SE84UFO2, Torii, Nelson Pass Aleph, Elekit 8600s
Speakers: Tekton, Golden Ear Triton Two, HD800S.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #27 - 12/09/16 at 19:01:39

Sweeeeeet!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #28 - 12/09/16 at 20:21:30

Tease

beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #29 - 12/09/16 at 20:54:47

flargosa wrote on 12/09/16 at 14:56:28:
Guys, how is the sweet spot of single driver speakers compared to multi driver speakers?  Is the high frequency spread(listening area coverage) about the same as tower speakers with tweeters?

I would say it's perhaps a bit better actually (at least to other multi driver speakers I've owned).  With my Omega's I haven't noticed the need to stick my head in a vice to be in the sweet spot as much as some other speakers I've owned.  

They don't do everything perfect, but IMO the imaging, detail and speed are insane with single drivers.  So if you're into holographic imaging and detail retrieval (over the deepest bass and highest highs) these speakers will be an excellent fit for someone.  I use a sub with mine, but it took some work to get it dialed in as the Omega drivers are super fast so you need to find a sub that can keep up.

Also since they do not have a crossover, I feel that upline changes (like tube rolling and cable swaps) are even more apparent than with traditional multi-driver speakers.  So if you're into tweaking, again these are excellent types of speakers for that.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #30 - 12/11/16 at 03:59:07

Promised Teaser...

Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #31 - 12/11/16 at 05:20:14

I love its simplicity.

Maybe I can swing by and hear them Monday night?

Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #32 - 12/11/16 at 12:32:52

Hmmm, Somewhat different than I was thinking that it would be.
Not quite the same as the outlaw 1.5 way, the drivers look closer on these.
I'm now wondering that if two small drivers are good, how would 4 be? Kind of like a 4 valve engine, 4 smaller lighter valves allowing higher velocities plus the total area goes up.....

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #33 - 12/11/16 at 13:41:05

Looks a similar design to these?

http://omegaloudspeakers.com/omegaoutlaw1.5w1.html

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #34 - 12/11/16 at 14:17:10

Okay, these loudspeakers may sound amazing but to me they look blah....  That's probably part of their allure.  You hear amazing sound and can't believe it would come from these things.  Tricky.  

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #35 - 12/11/16 at 14:42:39

i love the simplistic and vintage look of the speakers. I'm sure they will sound amazing!

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #36 - 12/11/16 at 16:46:27

Right now I have a Eddie Vaughn Carina coming (with custom Bubinga Wood) on Thursday + a Decware Racheal in a few months...... . These two and my ZMA + 6922 tube type NOS Plat....rolling will keep me busy.

However, come late summer/fall.....I will possibly need/out of curiousity....challenge my modified Adagio's, with these Speaker's. The kick in the nuts for shipping to and from + 10% restocking fee....might be worth it. I'll see what others think of them over the next 3, 6 and 9 months.

Better yet, I will call Steve and arrange to come to Decware and hear them with my Adagio's in tow.  
I will bring: NOS Plat tubes, my reference IC's and reference Speaker Cable for comparison too + my P3 and power cables (Shunyata Zitron Alpha to ZDSD is revelatory).

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #37 - 12/11/16 at 16:54:10

I like the look of them. As long as the wire jacks are at the bottom of the Speaker's. Lets see the rear view next and dimensions.....and of course design....T-Line, bass reflex, horn??.....1.5 or full range tandem like my Adago's...no cap to tweeter on these new guys obviously......etc..... .

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #38 - 12/11/16 at 17:30:11

Stone, I know the folks here will love the Omegas as they have the past models from this company.  I have two pair both with alinco magnets on the single driver speakers.  The best are the Alinco Super 6XRSs that I have with the top of the line Alinco drivers you can see and read about on the site.  My only minor complaint when I had them in my main system for months was that on some material the highs/treble were a bit much for me but I had the same complaint with my HR-1s at the time...resistors, different speaker cables and other tweaks have resolved that problem.  I need to move the Omegas to the den beside my Zu Audio "Soul" speakers and see how they compare...they have been sitting in my bedroom unused for too long.

Anyway, I wanted to point out that the site and the audio circle forum already have tons of info and impressions/reviews for you to explore.  Mark.

http://omegaloudspeakers.com/home.html

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=31.0

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 12/11/16 at 18:19:23

They are bass reflex; the top driver is run fullrange with no filter and the bottom driver runs from 500 hz down.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #40 - 12/11/16 at 19:57:17

I figured bass reflex. I'm running 450 down... Tweeter on up. Transmission lines for me.

Mark, I'm running Neodymium in mine. Those Omega drivers will have a tough time beating my modified Adagio's. You can read the stellar reviews on the Adagio's. I made them even better with my mod and Mundorf Mcap supremes. With the transmission lines?  Forgetta about it.

Might try these Omega's done the road as I stated.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #41 - 12/11/16 at 20:06:37

Stone, wish I could hear those speakers.  How efficient are they with your mods?  Do you get adequate volume with the Deware 2 WPC Amps?  I know you use the ZMA. Mark.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #42 - 12/11/16 at 21:05:07

With the mod, they maybe went up to 91 or 92db SPL @ 1watt/1meter my guy Joe who did the mod figures/ not measured. I could run them well with my SE84CS and SuperZenCKC. Thus, my purchase of the Eddie Vaughn Carina coming in next week.

With short voice coil and long magnetic gap .....much faster with transients and playing loud with incredible clarity too. Read the 6 moons review yellow box. ..... With mod and the ZMA....I pinch myself sometimes.... These Speakers are that good.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #43 - 12/11/16 at 22:21:15

Stone, they sound like winners.  I read the Absolute Sound review below, I'll read the six moons later. Mark.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/acoustic-zen-technologies-adagio-loudsp...

IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #44 - 12/11/16 at 22:45:57

Was the price point for these gems mentioned anywhere?

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #45 - 12/11/16 at 23:21:27

Of course my interest in the Decware Omega's is for my Eddie V Carina and Dware Rachael....being fed from my ZDSD Output Transfomer's....and my reference cables.

I'm already living the dream with my ZDSD~ZMA~modified Adagio's and ref. Power cords and cabling.

Yeah, a price point and efficiency of 96, 97 or 98db SPL @ 1watt/1meter for these (Steve's design/cross to lower driver) would be cool.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #46 - 12/12/16 at 04:21:45

Not shown in the picture is a nice magnetic grill.  Also, one of the drivers is only doing from 500 Hz (I think) on down leaving the top driver full range and crossover less.  

Louis told me these cones and surrounds together weigh in at 1.5 grams... unbelievable!  No wonder they are so damn fast, and the speaker is 99dB efficient with 1 watt.  It is the perfect pairing with our SET amplifiers and sells for well under $3K a pair.

Eventually, I'm going to have a set of good photos and a web page, so sit tight Smiley

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #47 - 12/12/16 at 14:08:04

Thanks Steve. All music to my ears!

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #48 - 12/12/16 at 15:11:52

Okay, just so I can get my head wrapped around this loudspeaker the specs are 40hz to ??? and around 99db for under $3k?   Is that about right?

IP Logged
pursuitofnow
Seasoned Member

Reply #49 - 12/13/16 at 15:43:32

Steve, are you comparing these to the wide body xrs? I've wondered the difference of the speakers being mounted on narrower vs wider face of the box.

---
ZR 3
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print