Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 13:07:27 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Steve/Decware Black Friday Sale..... (Read 61181 times)
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Steve/Decware Black Friday Sale.....
11/19/16 at 21:13:53

Okay, help me decide?

Should I get the new UFO Mono's or the UFO Rachael?

(Don't get any idea's....my ZMA masterpiece is not for sale. I just need to have Steve's Pentodes run in Triode once again.....as well).

I'm intrigued about the Rachael using KT88's P to T and 6550's too...P to Triode......EL34's to start....then rolling.

.....what is the % off, by the way.....that was not listed in my email...... .

What are you guys (or gals), getting out there?

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Steve/Decware Black Friday Sale.....
Reply #1 - 11/19/16 at 21:25:14

If it was me I'd get the UFO Monos.

But if it was really me you'd be getting nothing because I'm not ordering anything from Decware. The ZBIT put the icing on my system's cake, with the new PMD to supplement my DS and with the amazing Torii Mk III seasoning so well year by year and all the tube choices I can use. . . I'm done. Well done.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #2 - 11/19/16 at 21:36:23

Good one Lon....."really me you'd be getting nothing."  ;D

Steve's Pentode in Triode will always have a place in my Room.

Now back to pondering the new UFO Mono's or the UFO Rachael........ .

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 11/19/16 at 22:08:49

Yeah I hear you, I have a Eddie Vaughn modded C amp that I probably should sell, and might, but I enjoy it every time it is in use. But, that said, it's no Torii!

I can see the appeal of ordering the Monos OR the Rachel. But it's overkill for me, I am happy with both my speaker system and my headphone system. No new Decware products for me.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #4 - 11/19/16 at 22:19:16

Exactly, you have one of Eddie's and enjoy it when it's in....but it's no Torii.

Ditto here, enjoyed my SE84CS, SuperZen and Torii III (personally owned all three/purchased new)....but they were not my ZMA either. .....But, when in.....to be enjoyed..... .

Eddie V's ~ this paper....I've always enjoyed and shared with other people....what to expect and what the enjoyment factor is of UL vs. Triode..... . Knowing you're aware of it Lon (obviously).... it popped in my head...and I posted for other's to read....and why I enjoy both STEVE'S UL/PP Topology and his Pentode in Triode Topology.
http://www.x3mhc.no/dokumenter/SE-v-PP-Part1.pdf

.......but the cool part about Steve's UL/PP....damn thing sounds Triode Real.  But, having said this.....something about Steve's P in T..... = je ne sais quoi....reminds me of how good the ZMA is and why it will be nice to have a Pentode in Triode of his again..... .

Back, to pondering then..........UFO Mono's or UFO Rachael........ .

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #5 - 11/19/16 at 23:16:23

Look at it this way....the the Mono's are at an introductory price.  I would use the code and get the slamming deal on the newest piece of Decware gear.

After a certain time....the mono's will probably hit somewhere close to what....maybe $2000 a piece after the introductory price goes away. Hopefully Steve will allow you to use the code for mono's.  

I actually just took delivery today on pair of ERR's in the Bubinga wood that were listed in the classified section.  They are truly beautiful!!  I can't wait to hook them up and hear them.   They were technically an early Xmas gift....so unfortunately I don't I can buy anything else right now.

OTHERWISE .......I would be all over the new Mono's.    

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 11/20/16 at 00:53:31

Monoblocks are $1195 each so, $2390 intro price.  I like how Steve mirrored the amps as a pair.  Very classy design.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
jorgen
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 11/20/16 at 00:53:32

Hi guys
I read the mail aswell and nothing about %. Do you think the offer will apply even if in the introduction period?

I think I want to get the mono amps, and they will be good with a pair of 1.5 way super alnico from Omega, speakers should be here by Xmas. All good with the zp3 as source.   I have been wondering if to add a pre amp. If I get one it must be able to drive audeze 3. Don't think a CSP3 can(?).

And I really wonder if they could be built with meters, like a Select. I think that would really cool. Maybe not correct in a purist mindset, but still.
I

IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #8 - 11/20/16 at 12:52:56

I did not get an email, how come.

IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 11/20/16 at 14:22:30

There was an email?

IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #10 - 11/20/16 at 17:57:46

I guess so.

IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 11/20/16 at 20:06:49

Bummer, I'm not really in the market for anything more this year but if the price was right I might be tempted to pull the trigger on something.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #12 - 11/20/16 at 20:30:03

I notice Steve's E-mails sometimes get filtered...I miss all his personal E-mall responses to me, even though I have him as a trusted contact.  You should reach out to him about the sale, I'd post it here, but I don't want to step on any toes.

And get this, at Decfest I was talking to Steve about the new preamp - and he flat out talked me out of it! LOL  Not that it isn't any good, but he knows me well enough, and knows how I listen. When he was developing the preamp I popped by for some listening, and nothing we put between my DirectStream and ZMA made me happy. Everything we tried "did something good", but I felt it took a slight step back in purity.  

I think maybe that OTL amp ruined me for purity - I honestly think it also changed how I listen to things...I swear I've never been the same since. That's like two or three times Steve has done that to me.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #13 - 11/20/16 at 20:52:56

That said....when I can afford it, I'm dropping off my old Zen amp, Serial #65, and I'm going to have Steve do the UFO magic on it.  :)

stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #14 - 11/20/16 at 21:39:27

I can't use a Pre anymore with my ZMA. The purity I'm getting with the purposefully designed output stage of the ZDSD is well put.

I'm leaning toward getting the Rachael. I don't need the tubes.... So I get to save there too.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 11/21/16 at 00:09:27

Compared to my blue Torii the Rachel is about the same, power-wise; however, what would be the difference with sonics?

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 11/21/16 at 02:06:44

Match,

Isn't the Blue Torii 12w/channel? That is two Rachels I believe before thinking of sound... But then, double the power with a good amp means a lot here in terms of sound. Both my 944s and HR1s just sound better to me with more power. They sound good with lower power, but sing with more power.

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 11/21/16 at 02:49:01

Will, you are right.  Torii is 12w.  Ok, I'm back in perspective.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #18 - 11/21/16 at 03:44:47

More transparency at lower volumes or resolution. Hallmark of Steve's Triode. Simpler power supply.....and UFO Output trannies.

See History of Revisions at the bottom of the Rachael Page.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #19 - 11/22/16 at 15:08:03

Build it and they will come......

LR wrote in Reply #12:
"I think maybe that OTL amp ruined me for purity - I honestly think it also changed how I listen to things...I swear I've never been the same since. That's like two or three times Steve has done that to me."

.....with 6C33C tubes, I do believe it was? I will find that bad ass OTL in the Thread it was pic posted and talked about.......... .

Steve needs to make an LIMITED EDITION OTL.

Build it and they will come/buy.

LR! I want Serial #1 (of the four Limited Edition's Steve makes).....as I have for/on my ZMA.....you get the prototype again!     Grin

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 11/22/16 at 15:46:51

I had an order in for a SE84UFO but after thinking it over I had it changed to a Rachel.  Fortunately, I did not lose my place in the build order.  WOOHOOO!!!  I did this because I have an SE84CSEX that I will upgrade to the current model.  Steve says he can do it.  So, I don't need two of the same thing.

Next year will be interesting.

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 11/22/16 at 15:57:42

Stone, I felt that the mono's were a little more laid back than the Rachael.  Raven can comment more eloquently because he and I heard the same thing and he had a discussion with Steve about it.  Something about how it was biased.  That could probably be tweaked.

I have been listening to my Rachael now with the beeswax caps (but no UFOs).  Sounding very good and I haven't been too tempted to put the Torii back in.  I do like the simplicity of fewer tubes to mess with as well.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #22 - 11/22/16 at 17:03:37

Hi Pal. I think I will enjoy the Rachael and tube rolling. It will be nice to have two Decware References again, like you are enjoying with your Torii III and Rachael. I sold my SE84CS and SuperZen last year.

A little more output @ 5.8/ch and using the Hazin Grid (CCE) with EL34's + roll some KT77, 6550 or KT88's non Hazin with her too. I have my nice bevy pairs of input 6922 tube types as well. So, I'll be choosing the no ship tubes savings/option. Of course, it better fits my budget too, to get Decware Pentode's in Triode back in here with a Rachael. I have no doubt the new SE84UFO Mono's are special with tube regulation. However, I think the Rach' is a better fit for me.

With the advent of the UFO output transformer's....the Rach' has the Speaker impedance switches as well. Even though my Adagio's are modded....nice to have the switches. I do use the 8ohm taps from my ZMA; so no worries really....but you never know.

Match, awesome switch to the Rach'.....no duplicating for sure.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 11/22/16 at 17:13:50

I'm like Palomino, sort of.  I like the sound of tubes but the maintenance gets overwhelming.  I like to set it and forget it.  The lesser amount of tubes, the better it is for me.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #24 - 11/22/16 at 17:23:33

Trust me Match. I don't find the ZMA's tubes a burden. I'm coming up on 3 years for the Zen Mystery Amplifier. The best Audio decision I have ever made.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #25 - 11/22/16 at 17:55:38

On the ZMA, I quote Ferris Buehler  "It's so choice, if you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up"

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #26 - 11/22/16 at 18:11:55

Good one Palomino. I can hear M.B. saying it.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #27 - 11/22/16 at 18:41:06

Not derail this thread, but I find it interesting the M.B. was once considered for the role of Walter White.  That character would have been completely different.

IP Logged
JohnnyB

Reply #28 - 11/23/16 at 16:24:47

Am i to assume the giant Black Friday Sale ad along with the countdown clock is letting everyone who didn't receive an e-mail know there will be a sale?  Is the Black Friday sale the same as what some received in their In-Box?  Just curious, trying to decide on a ZDSD or ZCD240 and every little bit helps  :)

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #29 - 11/23/16 at 18:01:36

Quote:
Stone, I felt that the mono's were a little more laid back than the Rachael.  Raven can comment more eloquently because he and I heard the same thing and he had a discussion with Steve about it.  Something about how it was biased.  That could probably be tweaked.

With my bad memory, I'm finding I'm misquoting Steve here and there...I get the concept, because that's what I'm good at, but I often forget his exact words. So, pretty much keep that disclaimer in mind whenever I try to relay whatever Steve and I talk about. Smiley

From what I remember, I felt the monos were too laid back as well...they sounded good, but they weren't projecting sound into the room, the sound was literally laid back. On the other side of the room Zygi setup a pair of Zen Select (I think) bridged, and I thought they crushed the Mono pair. But then Bob flipped the input bias switch and suddenly the bridged selects sounded laid back like the monos and a lightbulb went on; my gut instinct was right again. I brought this up to Steve and he said yeah the monos have only one bias setting and it's more like the laid back setting - I suggested he either change the bias to the more forward bias or put the same bias switch in them, and he did that thing where he nodded sagely with a far-off like he was already changing the design in his head.

stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #30 - 11/23/16 at 20:59:24

I am so ruined by the ZMA-nothing else will do................ .

I have decided to get the last pair of NOS Platinum Tubes I want from Kevin.....to complete my 6922 tube type NOS wants'/ALL SO GOOD ROLLING IN THE ZMA + buy a boat load of Music....to keep me busy all Winter.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.   Enjoy.

PS~if you're out there on the fence? Buy a Decware piece that fits you.....discover your Music for real. I own the ZDSD to ZMA and their is no looking back.

Listening Room:

Room Treatments from Michael Green & Home Brew

Sony as Transport (DVP-NS57P)

Illuminati D-60 Digital Coax IC

Shunyata Research Zitron Alpha Digital Power Cord to ZDSD
{Extremely Significant}

Decware ZDSD DAC / Recorder ++
W/Steve's Output Transformer's/kicking to the curb quite a few superb DAC'S!
(@ -20 Ref Level, 0.0 Input volume and @ 16/192)

WBT-0102Ag RCA Kimber Select KS1030

Decware Zen Mystery Amplifier
~BIASED at *60* mA~
(NOS/Platinum/Mullard E188CC/7308's in my A12 an B12 Input positions Cryogenic~NOS/Platinum/Telefunken E88CC for Inverter Tubes~NOS RCA 0A3's & matched Quad/Tung-Sol KT66's)
ZMA adjusted at 20% to 30-40% max ~ from 0 Gain

Kimber Select KS6063 Speaker Cable 8ft WBT-0681-Ag Spades

Acoustic Zen Adagio - Black Pearl (Modified)
.....from 8ohm Taps.

Acoustic Zen Adagio's x-over's Modified/Full Range with Mundorf MCap Supremes-single Cap to each Tweeter/4.5k cross
(Gutted: 3kHz/18dB/Octave, Linkwitz/Riley Crossovers....with all crappy parts = gone)

XLO Pro Power Cord to ZMA
PS Audio P3 Power Plant / Pangea AC-9SE from wall to P3
(Transport and ZDSD, Regenerated/*120*~ Multiwave off...ZMA on High Current Output)

++ ZDSD DAC, kicked to the Curb: Auralic Vega, PS Audio PWT & PWD, PS Audio Direct Stream DAC, Chord Qute, NAD M51 (twice) & Schiit Yggdrasil.

~NOS Platinum Tubes from Upscale Audio/Kevin:

(Great Britain) Mullard 7308/E188CC ~  2 pair (both pair Cryogenic)
(Germany) Telefunken E88CC ~ 1 pair
(US/Great Britain) Ediswan CV2492/6922 ~ 2 pair (one pair Cryogenic)
(Hungary) Tungsram 6922/E88CC ~ 1 pair
(Hungary) Tungsram PCC88/7DJ8 ~ 1 pair.

From Cryoset:
(Russia) 6N23N/P-EB ~ 2 pair

(Russia) 6N23P's ~ 2 pair/came with ZMA.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #31 - 11/23/16 at 22:32:52

For anyone who doesn't get my occasional mailing, you can add your name to our customer appreciation list at the bottom of our contact page:  

https://www.decware.com/newsite/contacts.html

Thanks,

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
jorgen
Seasoned Member

Reply #32 - 11/24/16 at 13:06:00

From what I remember, I felt the monos were too laid back as well...they sounded good, but they weren't projecting sound into the room, the sound was literally laid back. On the other side of the room Zygi setup a pair of Zen Select (I think) bridged, and I thought they crushed the Mono pair. But then Bob flipped the input bias switch and suddenly the bridged selects sounded laid back like the monos and a lightbulb went on; my gut instinct was right again. I brought this up to Steve and he said yeah the monos have only one bias setting and it's more like the laid back setting - I suggested he either change the bias to the more forward bias or put the same bias switch in them, and he did that thing where he nodded sagely with a far-off like he was already changing the design in his head.

Hi guys

Just considering this piece of info, because i was about to pull the trigger on these amps. Can anyone who have heard them comment further? I had the understanding that these monos were a no-nonsense Upgrade from the "old"! Zen amp, and even the Select. I find them really attractive and i have borrowed a Zen Select and reallty liked that amp. So i was kind of sure that they would be an even better amp for my (New) Omega custom alnico 1.5 speakers.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #33 - 11/24/16 at 17:04:31

Don't know what to tell you jorgen? What I can tell you is that I enjoyed my SE84CS from mid May 2001 through January 2014. Listening to it almost every day. See my original signature below that I keep as my ode to joy homage to the CS.

Matter of fact: I changed my mind - I'm ordering an SE84UFO2 tomorrow morning.

SKOL Vikings! Time for some Football.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #34 - 11/24/16 at 17:30:15

Quote:
I changed my mind - I'm ordering an SE84UFO2 tomorrow morning.

Stone, you crack me up!   Grin

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #35 - 11/25/16 at 04:59:26

Hi everyone... I've been pulling double duty on emails answering gear questions in anticipation of the black friday sale, even all day today.  Sadly I'm going to drop out of site for a couple of days with the family so if you had questions about which thing to buy and were unable to reach me, no worries there is a solution that is guaranteed to give you the audio result you're looking for.  Just buy everything.  That way you'll have it.  Simple.

And on that note, I think I'll try to find some Archie Bunker to watch, I feel like watching one the vintage Thanksgiving episodes where Meat-head is well, ...   a Meat-head!

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
ZENCDUSER

Reply #36 - 11/25/16 at 14:52:18

Word on the Black Friday Sale?

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #37 - 11/25/16 at 15:46:42

If going to the main web page still shows the count down at zero/Mine does using my  iPad II/Safari.....use Explorer from your desktop computer or laptop and it will show the coupon code to use through Sunday night.

Arch, I know ....now I'm back in the Rachael camp.... I will figure it out by Sunday before midnight..... Even though I'm falling deep in the Build Que. Wink Cheesy

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Robem
Verified Member

Reply #38 - 11/25/16 at 16:48:39

I was looking for the specifics of the sale from my iPhone. Neither the countdown timer nor the coupon code were rendering in the Chrome browser, using the Safari browser the countdown timer was present but was stuck at 0 00 00 00.

I then visited the site from my PC and everything looks normal with the coupon code at the top of the site.

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #39 - 11/25/16 at 16:50:34

FYI - I refreshed the page in safari/iPad, and the coupon showed up.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #40 - 11/25/16 at 17:20:51

Using the latest Safari in Yosemite I saw only the countdown, even when I was opening the homepage anew. busterfree's tip of reload/refreshing the page worked here this morning. Now there is a discount amount and a code.

So likely a cache thing for those of us who have been checking out the page to see what would happen before it officially became "black friday."

Always sounded dark and a little scary to me. Black Friday.

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Tripwr1964
Seasoned Member

Reply #41 - 11/25/16 at 17:23:23

yeah doesn't work on google chrome.  but shows up using explorer.

CSP3 25yr, CAD 120s MKII, Sunfire Signature600, Sota Star Sapphire, SME309, Hana SL, JC3+, Schiit bifrost multibit, CXC, MG1.6QR w/ ext xo & mye stands, OB Augies. herbies iso, VH audio flavor diy pwr cords, Beden 8402 & Dueland IC's,
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #42 - 11/25/16 at 17:37:56

Weird. I just opened it in Chrome in Yosemite...works fine, but I had not tried it there before, so maybe no cache problem? Did you try clearing the cache?

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #43 - 11/25/16 at 17:48:02

Quote:
Arch, I know ....now I'm back in the Rachael camp.... I will figure it out by Sunday before midnight..... Even though I'm falling deep in the Build Que.

Stone,

Since you've been going back and forth - a bit  ;) - maybe you can answer a question about the SE84UFO, SE84UFO2 and the SE84UFO3.  The plain UFO has two switches on the front -- one for source and the other for Bias (whatever that is).  Steve mentions that all the UFO SE84s have a switch that goes between the 4 and 8 ohm for speakers.  I can't see that switch on any of the three assuming that one switch is for source selection.  Only the basic SE84 has two switches and I'm wondering if, at least, the UFO and UFO2 amps are essentially identical in sound and operation?  I'm still toying with the idea of getting either a UFO or UFO2. I don't need the balanced inputs and the meters don't look essential.  But now I'm wondering if they are really the same or have subtle voicing differences like between the UFO and the UFO3 amps.  (As Raven mentioned in another Forum thread.)

Help!   Tongue

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
ZENCDUSER

Reply #44 - 11/25/16 at 18:09:03

Thanks Stone!  Refreshed the page and it appeared!

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #45 - 11/25/16 at 18:51:54

U bet Zencduser.

Archie, good questions. I hope Steve chimes in before he goes on hiatus the next two days.... If I understood his post correctly.... He is still answering questions today.

I think the UFO and UFO2 are the same... But I want the meters for their purpose and the Walnut base in the UFO2. No Balanced for me either, with my Cabling and resolution of the Adagio tweeter and woofer's.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #46 - 11/25/16 at 19:35:19

Yes, Black Friday makes me think of the first Friday the 13th when the Pope covertly managed to have almost all Knights Templar in the world executed on that one day!

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #47 - 11/25/16 at 20:28:37

The UFO and UFO2 just don't seem to have the same switches on them, otherwise, Steve says they are the same.  The User Manual on the UFO2 page is for the old SE84CK and isn't any help.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #48 - 11/25/16 at 21:52:47

True, no pic of the rear of the UFO2?

But, he did write in Blue colored type (addendum) it is there/has it/impedance switch.... Has to be in the back.

Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Tal
Seasoned Member

Reply #49 - 11/25/16 at 22:08:24

Stone

I have a UFO2, and a second one on order to run as mono's. There are two switches (one on each side)at the rear of the UFO2.

Tal

SE84UFO2 25A mods x2, ZP3 25A mods, CSP3 25A mods, ZRock2 25A mods, Rega P3-24 Incognito tonearm rewire and Groovetracer mods, Bob's Devices SUT > ZP3, Denafrips Pontus + Hermes, Bluesound streamer, Zu Soul VI, Omega DeepOmega8 sub,
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print