Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TRAPS came in... (Read 6301 times)
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

TRAPS came in...
10/27/16 at 01:04:59

I am so excited.
They were packed in a very protective manner.
It took some patience to take them out of the box.
They are a work of art.
I connected them to the blue Torii and ran the Irrational But Efficacious CD and let it loop a couple of times.
When I walked into the office to listen the first I noticed was how hot it was.  Dang, that Torii is killing me.  However, I put hand right over the amp and it wasn't too hot.  So, I checked the temperature, and true to Arizona it is 95 fickin' degrees and it is nearly the end of October.  The heat wasn't from the amp.  I gotta get out of this state.

Anyway, the TRAPS right off the bat sound rich and big.  I can hear them open up the more I play them.  I'll report back in about of days or week and let you know how it goes.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: TRAPS came in...
Reply #1 - 10/27/16 at 01:17:55

Congrats! I know it was a tough wait, but sounds as if they were a great choice.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/27/16 at 14:53:29

Lon, every audio wait is a tough wait for me.

Last night I was on Youtube, listening to music for about 4 or 5 hours.  The TRAPS got bigger as time went on.  At one point I had to turn down the volume because it started to get louder on its own.

One interesting thing, I was listening to a conversation between two people on Youtube when a friend came by to drop off stuff.  He asked who it was in the other room and it was nobody.  It was Youtube.  It actually sounded like two people were actually sitting in the other room, talking.  It was kind of freaky.  Very real.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 10/27/16 at 14:56:36

Great news! I think you're going to keep them. Wink

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/02/16 at 04:47:28

Ok, so I've had the TRAPS for about a week.  They sit on a set of ISOACOUSTIC platforms.  I've been using them to provide music while I work at home sometimes during the day and sometimes at night.  They sound better every day.  Sometimes the music sounds so good that I can't get my work done but that's another ball of wax.  I have to say that the bass is spectacular.  I have not had a set of desktop monitors before that had the grunt that I desire like the TRAPS provide.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print