Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/16/24 at 14:28:52 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Swan's smooth/warmest tweeter? (Read 3098 times)
Corey
Seasoned Member

Swan's smooth/warmest tweeter?
10/22/16 at 21:46:35

http://www.swanspeaker.com/drivers/buglelist.asp?type=3

Anybody know which is the smoothest/warmest sounding tweeter out of these for digital?

RT1C-A?

Thanks!

Corey  :)

WWW   IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: Swan's smooth/warmest tweeter?
Reply #1 - 10/23/16 at 01:08:48

I've used the RT1C-A with great results in my DM clones.
It seems to be the favorite in most of the Decware designs.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #2 - 10/24/16 at 19:28:15

it looks like Decware has gone to a different HiVi tweeter in the latest incarnation of the ERRx - looks like an RT1.3we to me.  No idea what the decision making process was to use this tweeter - better sensitivity matching maybe? - who knows.  I'm sure Zygi could tell us.

I have a pair of 945's with the RT1C-A and they are definitely more refined sounding than nearly all dome's.  I also have another pair of stand-mount speakers with one of the many AMT clones for a tweeter and these might be even more "effortless" and natural sounding than the HiVi ribbons.  Never done a controlled volume A/B, they are very good though.
I can't see the pics on the www of the RT1.3we good enough to tell what it is exactly(ribbon, amt, ?), and I did not look closely at the ERRx during Zenfest either.

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Corey
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/24/16 at 20:33:25

Probably just stick with the RT1C-A, buying 4 of them so $35.00 each is very reasonable.

Thanks Gentlemen!

Corey  :)

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print