Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Tube Swapping So Far
Reply #50 - 06/22/17 at 11:39:36

Cool. That's not what I was sent.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
donovan
Verified Member

Reply #51 - 08/04/17 at 22:31:22

Just arrived in my mailbox, from Sochi Russia, is a quad of non-military 6p15p. There are definitely differences in internal construction between these and the EV tubes. Most notable is the getter. Instead of a dual supported halo, it is a single supported mini UFO (or at least the bottom half of a UFO). Haven't listened to them yet, it will be interesting to hear how they compare to the EV's.

IP Logged
Crazy Bill the Eel Killer
Seasoned Member

Tubes Rule !!

Reply #52 - 08/26/17 at 03:32:02

Hello all,
Anyone ever try a true EL83 type ?

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers,  Crazy Bill

IP Logged
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

Reply #53 - 08/27/17 at 01:44:21

Hey Crazy Bill,

Just tried Tesla EL803S which are supposed to be an El83 variant and a sub for an SV83, so said the For Sale Header.  They're not an SV83 sub.  Pin outs are different for starters.

Cost $3.00 per tube shipping included, cheap lesson.  I don't know if there are adapters for these and I'm not sure that it's even worth looking for them if they exist.  I may look some time down the road if I get bored, which is not likely.

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #54 - 08/27/17 at 17:24:32

I have thought of the tubes below from tube world express, but I don't pull the trigger because I have enough tubes for now. If anyone tries them, I would be interested in hearing about their experience.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #55 - 08/27/17 at 17:29:46

I think one needs an adaptor to use these in the Zen amps. . . .

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Crazy Bill the Eel Killer
Seasoned Member

Tubes Rule !!

Reply #56 - 08/27/17 at 18:02:25

Hello all,
thanks for your replies.
I had just purchased five NOS Mullards thinking that EL83 was the European numbers for the 6P15P-EV, and that the tubes are identical. They are not. After I posted the question here, I decided to actually check the data sheet.
I would not recommend putting a EL83 in a Zen. Two major problems.
First, EL83 has a max rating for anode voltage of 250 volts. That is exceeded in the Decware amps. Of more importance is the max plate dissipation spec of 9 watts. The 6P15P-EV can disipate 12 watts, as can the EL84. The Decware amps push the output tube hard.

The EL83 would probably not last a long time in a Decware amp. Stick with Steve's tubes.

Cheers,                      Crazy Bill

IP Logged
donovan
Verified Member

Reply #57 - 08/29/17 at 03:26:37

I was excited there for a a second - boxed Telefunkens at an affordable price? Alas, it's not SV83...

So I've been listening to the civilian version of the 6P15P's for several days and I am convinced these are the same as the Svetlana SV83. Granted, I haven't heard a Svetlana SV83 but from the way Lon describes the sound, they have to be the same. It's the 6P15P-EV but with a warmer aura and is tamed a bit. Less revealing and brittle. I'll bet if we compared shots of the internals they would be the same thing! Anyways, the plain 6P15P version is top notch and shouldn't be overlooked.

IP Logged
donovan
Verified Member

Reply #58 - 12/06/17 at 06:44:57

I purchased a NOS lot of 20 Svetlana SV83 tubes in their original red/white boxes. Obviously I don't need that many, so if anybody wants some let me know. I don't have them yet, but it looks like they are the real deal. Big gold S that takes up a lot of space.😀

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #59 - 12/06/17 at 11:08:54

Pm on the way.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #60 - 12/06/17 at 11:10:41

Pm on the way.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print