Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 07:11:03 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Which Edcor output transformers for my build? (Read 7597 times)
13stoploss
Verified Member

Which Edcor output transformers for my build?
10/03/16 at 22:33:23

I just placed my order for two ZKIT1 amp boards. I have also placed my order for all the parts from Mouser and Parts Express. I have saved my cart at Edcor but not purchased because I'm not certain which output transformers I need.

The Decware link to the Edcor output transformer is broken. It leads to an error page at Edcor. I searched for GXSE10 and found a number of different transformers. I am enough of an amateur that I don't know what to select.

I plan to build two monoblock amps to use for high frequency, Heil AMT in a BI-AMP setup. Stats for the Heil AMT are 4ohm, 92db, 800hz-20,000khz.

Do I want the GXSE10-8k (8ohm input), and if so, should I select 4ohm output?

Or do I want a GXSE10-25k (2.5ohm input) at 4ohm output?

Or something else?

I suppose I'm confused if I should be shooting for 4ohm input or output?

Sorry for the newb questions, but I'm hoping to learn a lot with this build!  8-)

IP Logged
Core32
Seasoned Member

Re: Which Edcor output transformers for my build?
Reply #1 - 10/03/16 at 23:37:12

I used GXSE10-6-8K for my build.
Look at my build post here:
https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1419973563

IP Logged
13stoploss
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 10/04/16 at 01:30:25

Aesthetically speaking, that's exactly what I hope mine will look like, although I bought the board. I'll be using an old pair of Pioneer single-driver, full-range speaker boxes. They're lightweight, made of walnut, and measure about 9.25 x 11.5 x 4.

I looked at your thread prior to posting. The info sheet says 10-6-8, but Edcor doesn't have one on its website. I looked around some more and learned the difference between input and output (speakers). So, yes, I do want something that has an output of 4ohm for my 4ohm speakers?

They do have a 10-5k with a 4ohm output. Since I'm an instructions follower, I don't really know if this will work. I don't know what the numbers mean. I don't know if the board design has a leeway for this kind of adjustment.

Anyone?

IP Logged
Core32
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/04/16 at 02:58:27

If you go to the GSXE10-8K page you can then select the 6 ohm output.
When I ordered I don't think the web page was set up that way.
If I recall correctly the 6 ohm being between 8 and 4 allows it to work well with either and you then you are not limited.
I am using an output circuit design just like the Decware Zen with these transformers and fully expect you will be happy with the performance.

IP Logged
13stoploss
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 11/05/16 at 03:08:27

UPDATE: It took almost two weeks, but Steve replied to my email. He told me to get the 6k (secondary). So I bought the 6k from Edcor on October 12. Today is November 4th, and I have not yet received a shipping notification from Edcor.

IP Logged
Core32
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/05/16 at 05:04:12

As they state, every transformer is made on demand.
They don't keep any stock.

IP Logged
13stoploss
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 11/05/16 at 15:01:06

Yup.   :/

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print