Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
XLR to RCA adapter (Read 4687 times)
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

XLR to RCA adapter
09/20/16 at 19:48:16

I'm wondering "if" Decware is going to sell the XLR-to-RCA adapter's shown and discussed on the ZTPRE page:
--> https://www.decware.com/newsite/ZTPRE.html

they look pretty well made, and don't look like any xlr/rca adapter I've ever seen available for purchase before.

Does Decware make these?  Do these short/tie pins 3 and 1 together?

anybody know?  Anybody care?  :)

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Denizen
Verified Member

Re: XLR to RCA adapter
Reply #1 - 09/21/16 at 18:45:30

Yes. Decware makes such a device, it's called a Z-Bit you'll find it at the bottom of the main amplifier page and it would almost certainly have to have pins #1 & 3 tied together.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #2 - 09/21/16 at 18:50:31

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CRFXLFRC

male ~ female .......female ~ male, they are all on AA's site.  

Buuuut, make sure they are compatible via Steve. I had to modify a pair last summer to run my Auralic Vega I owned. The Cardas should run/be for the ZTPRE.

.....ME?  I'm out of the Preamp business in my Listening Room. The mighty ZMA RULES ALONE. .....with my NOS Plat input 6922 tube types. Sold my CSP3 and ARC LS17 SE.

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Falconer
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 09/21/16 at 19:11:53

I have a pair of Neutriks to my preamp from the R2R deck that work well

HDT Alt Tuning, ZMC1, ZDSD, ZSB, REL Subwoofer, Audio Electronic AE-3 Preamp, Audio Electronic PH-1 Phono Preamp, Audio Electronic SE-811 Amp, (2)Otari MX-5050Bii-2, Otari MTR-10, (2)Otari MTR-12, Linn Sondek LP-12 with Krystal MC cartridge
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #4 - 09/21/16 at 23:44:42

thanks Denizen.... not looking for a "device" but for "the adapter" shown on the ZTPRE page.  I know Cardas makes these - very expensive.  Have also seen the Neutrik's, Hosa and a few others, but the ones shown on the ZTPRE page look more "substantial"... like the Cardas, but not exactly like the Cardas - which made me wonder if Steve is making them up himself.
Just found some on audiogon today that while not looking quite as nice as the Cardas and maybe not the ones on the ZTPRE page, but decent nevertheless and for reasonable $$.
Perhaps Steve will see this thread - or I'll just inquire at Zenfest in a couple of weeks.

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Denizen
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 09/22/16 at 18:49:46

"I see" said the blind man. Try spectrumaudio.com look at accessories, very affordable.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print