Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 15:23:35 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just purchased ERRx (Read 7330 times)
JazztoGo

Just purchased ERRx
09/18/16 at 04:11:52

Well I just bought a pair of errx speakers from decware and found myself getting excited again like when i first bought my first decware product.  Love it!

Going to use the speakers in the following setup

macbook--spotify---Zdsd---MkIV--errx and i will see how it sounds over time with and without my csp3.

Good times...love decware and the customer service is awesome.

IP Logged
Boxertwin
Verified Member

Re: Just purchased ERRx
Reply #1 - 09/21/16 at 03:00:18

Dump Spotify and try Tidal for high resolution streaming.

Csp2+, Torii mkIV, TeacUD501, Thorens 145, Adcom GCD700, Decware DNA speakers, Cornscala speakers, MG944's
  IP Logged
JazztoGo

Reply #2 - 09/21/16 at 17:34:32

Hey yeah I used to have tidal but found with a 10 month old baby not much time to sit down so mostly now just good music playing.  Someday hope to rejoin tidal very nice stuff.

Thank you for the advice.

IP Logged
danvprod
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 12/15/16 at 16:13:13

Really nice speakers. I'm curious about your impressions of them in your room. How big is your listening space?

IP Logged
JazztoGo

Reply #4 - 12/19/16 at 00:02:12

Hello there sorry to be so late in responding to your question about the err speakers I bought.  I actually ended up returning them and if I could have kept them I would. The room they were in was like 25'x30, by 12 ft high and completely untreated. The sound was great and the bass that came out of them I thought was just fantastic.  The finish was super nice, my wife liked them lol.

They had amazing detail at low volume which i really shoot for since i mostly listen at low volume as I have a 1 year old baby.

hope that helps..love decware stuff

IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 12/19/16 at 01:17:32

Can you share the reason why you returned them?

IP Logged
JazztoGo

Reply #6 - 12/19/16 at 19:34:26

I have a baby just beginning to walk and realized that at sometime she would most likely pull on the tweeter and maybe even try to climb it so returned them and am now looking at just normal box type speakers at least until my kids are past toddler and baby years.

IP Logged
Rraymond
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 12/20/16 at 23:22:20

Jazz,
You could have custom covers made for your speakers so your toddler won't try and grab the tweeter. Won't you have the same problem with box speakers?  Kids want to put their hands on everything including the speaker cones.

Audion Silver Night Special Edition 300b integrated, Zu Soul Superfly speakers, Acoustic Solid TT with Denon 103 MC cart, PS Audio NuWave phono, Zu Event MKII speaker cables with BU3 connectors.
  IP Logged
flargosa

Reply #8 - 12/21/16 at 03:35:20

You can make a cover, just buy speaker cloth from parts express and make something like mine.  I put mine on when my sister's kids come to visit.  Just be sure it's tight and stretched out so the kids cannot reach into the speakers.

Sources: 2Qute, Hugo 2, Rega P5, Marantz SACD 8005.
Amps: Decware SE84UFO2, Torii, Nelson Pass Aleph, Elekit 8600s
Speakers: Tekton, Golden Ear Triton Two, HD800S.

IP Logged
JazztoGo

Reply #9 - 12/21/16 at 04:02:04

Thank you all for the advice, but I ended up just going the bookshelf route instead as I can put the setup in a small office and my little one only goes in when I am there otherwise she just finds it boring lol.

Thank you again for all the input.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print