04/23/24 at 20:40:23 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Scalable (Read 3452 times)
phattoo
Verified Member

Scalable
08/05/16 at 19:47:18

I am new here so hello to all.  My question has probably been asked a thousand times across the internet.
Can anyone answer, Steve perhaps, I see the build plans are all for 10" and larger subs. Can boxes like the Death Box, Death Box II or Inverted Wedge be scaled DOWN to fit a 8" or 6" inch sub.  
I drive 2014 Chevy Spark and the package tray has about 4 cuft total.  I am looking for SQ over SPL but want some bump in the trunk.  I would gladly buy the plans for one of the boxes mentioned if they were scaled down.
Thx,
Patrick

IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Re: Scalable
Reply #1 - 08/05/16 at 20:38:39

Welcome Phattoo.
I actually had Ziggy build me a WO32 that was designed for 12" speakers scaled to use 10" speakers.  So, it is my opinion that what you want can be done.  Ziggy is Decware's master builder.  He can do it.

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/06/16 at 01:44:39

In a hatchback car that small, I'd put a decent 8" or 10" driver in a sealed box and be done.
No need for complicated. Wink

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #3 - 08/06/16 at 03:38:42

When scaling I always look at the ratio between the output level of the sub and the size of the box.  In scaling the Deathbox for example from a 10 to an 8 inch sub, often times the ratio would drop.  The wicked one's performance ratio however typically doesn't have this issue and can be scaled down rather well.

WWW   IP Logged
phattoo
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 08/06/16 at 17:08:37

Thank You to all for the quick response and advice.
Steve I simply state that I need the plans scaled down for a x" sub when ordering them?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print